Construction Project Manager
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Construction Project Manager/Owner’s Representative position at our Central Office location in Saint Paul, MN. The responsibility of the Construction Project Manager is to act as CommonBonds’ representative during new construction and renovation of housing projects from pre-construction through warranty. This position requires working with CommonBond’s Acquisition and Development and Property Management teams; outside engineers, architects, contractors, and others.
The Construction Project Manager/Owner’s Representative will:
- Manage the construction process for multiple new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation projects to ensure they meet timeline and budget
- Assist in site selection and due diligence of such
- Participate in architect and engineer selection
- Lead in the development of project schedules and budgets
- Provide design input and review, especially as it relates to constructability, serviceability, and budget
- Approve materials, colors, equipment & furnishings in coordination with CommonBond’s Acquisition and Development and Property Management teams
- Assist in selection of the general contractor, review bids, and negotiate contracts
- Administer construction contracts
- During construction, oversee and manage construction budget and schedule, review change requests, and approve monthly billings
- Ensure the certificate of occupancy is received as scheduled
- Assure a smooth building turnover from the construction team to CommonBond’s Property Management
- Conduct 11-month warranty inspections and oversee completion of any warranty work
- Construction Management and/or Architectural degree, or equivalent
- 10-years of experience in multi-family wood-framed construction preferred
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices.
- Experience in substantial rehabilitations.
- Proficient in reading construction drawings and a solid understanding of other construction documents
- Experience organizing and managing cost estimating, bidding, and buyout procedures.
- Skill in documenting and assessing field conditions, RFI’s, and change orders.
- Familiarity with Green Communities requirements and green building techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of Davis-Bacon requirements, prevailing wage, government contracting/bidding, multi-family sales-tax exemption
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage job costs.
- Able to manage construction schedules.
- Able to solve complex problems associated with the management of costs and schedules.
- Able to manage consultants and delegate tasks to complete goals, objectives, and schedules.
- Excellence in client relations and customer service both internally and externally
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and Bluebeam
- Experience with PlanGrid and SmartsSheet desired
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Able to kneel, crouch, stoop, walk, climb stairs, stand, and squat or perform property inspections and tours.
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively between sites as necessary
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the Construction Project Manager position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)