The Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator II plans, develops, coordinates, manages, and executes the recruitment and admissions process in alignment with the institution's strategic goals. Represents the institution to prospective students with a goal of attracting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, diverse student body.
This position provides administrative support, handles various communications, issues student visa-related documents and represents the University of Wisconsin-Superior to prospective international students as they navigate the college search and admissions process. This position will have a high focus on interpersonal and intercultural communication, proactive outreach and follow-up, and customer service & student experience as it relates to admissions and orientation to campus. Relationship building and management with agents and other external partners is also an important aspect of this job. This position will also serve as a key member of our broader admissions team assisting with daily domestic visitors, campus events, phone calls, and occasional local travel. Occasional international travel or domestic travel related to international recruitment and agent relationships may be required.
View the complete Position Description.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a conferred date of December 2022 or earlier
- Federal regulations require that this SEVIS-authorized position be held by a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident
- One or more years working in college admissions
- Experience with communication systems and/or data management systems, such as CRM
- Proficiency in a foreign language or experience working with non-English speakers
- Experience living, working or studying abroad, or significant international travel experience
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas: admissions, financial aid, recruiting, international recruitment, advising or counseling and/or teaching
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education and the value of a public liberal arts education
- Skill in strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University of Wisconsin-Superior in a positive way to diverse populations
- Ability to become knowledgeable about Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, and U.S. citizenship and immigration laws, policies, and procedures as they apply to international students
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and with diverse groups of students, families and partners, strong public presentation skills
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and organize a variety of on and off-campus events
- Ability to exhibit a high level of initiative and motivation
- Ability to travel, load and transport admission materials, displays and other equipment
- Ability to work and be productive in a team environment
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours occasionally
- Ability to represent the admissions office positively through a strong, student-centered ethic
As soon as possible.
UW-Superior offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents.
$36,000 - $40,000 annually
For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact Mary Glad at 715-394-8587 or by email at email@example.com.
Review of all complete applications will commence 4:30 PM November 30, 2022. In the event this search is extended for any reason, applications submitted after this date will be considered. Once an applicant applies, profile information remains in UW-Superior’s Talent Management System for future submissions.
Please apply online at UW-Careers and submit your application packet to Include:
- CV or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for three (3) Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts for all Degrees Earned with conferred date of December 2022 or earlier
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the Click Here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #23-61: Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator II - International Rep position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Mary Glad at 715-394-8587 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin's public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin's Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. The University serves 2,500 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and to serving a diverse student population.
UW-Superior maintains its foundational teacher education college values through its emphasis on excellence in teaching, as well as service to the community and region. Its core mission is student-centered. The institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention, embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices, and engages the community and region. The richness of its programs creates a personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has a significant investment in and commitment to campus-wide Liberal Arts High Impact Practices (HIPs) that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, Undergraduate Research Scholarly and Creative Activity, and a Senior Year Experience.
At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see https://www.uwsuper.edu/safety/clery or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity and inclusivity.