Manager, Regulatory Analysis
Location: Fergus Falls, MN
At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us to serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our successful employees ensure that our customers and communities have the power they need for modern life. Employees’ impact can take many forms. In this role, the Manager, Regulatory Analysis will lead and manage the Regulatory team accountable for the analysis of annual jurisdictional cost of service studies Some examples of activities include:
- Manage the development and analysis of forward-looking jurisdictional recovery strategies associated with ongoing load, investment, and cost allocation changes.
- Lead the work team responsible for financial analysis used to determine overall revenue requirements for cost recovery and rate setting in various state cost recovery mechanisms (riders).
- Manage regulatory filings associated with these cost recovery mechanisms.
- Analyze issues, participate in strategy development, and provide oral and written testimony in cost recovery filings and general rate cases as appropriate.
- Monitor activities of state regulatory commissions and other utilities for issues that may impact Otter Tail Power Company.
We’re seeking candidates who enjoy getting into the details, ensuring high quality of output and leading others through complex projects. Some examples of experiences and qualities we’re looking for include:
- An understanding of economics and theory for electric rate design, revenue requirements determination is required.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory rules and regulations; governing statues and legal processes; accounting rules and theory for both regulated and unregulated businesses; and analytical skills to build and use spreadsheet models.
- Excellent persuasive and interpersonal skills to collaborate with regulators and other parties involved in the regulation of the utility industry.
- To present analyses results to management and prepare written and oral testimony to regulatory commissions, we need candidates who have exceptional communication skills.
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or equivalent experience is preferred. Advanced degree or professional certification helpful.
- Five years of experience in the utility business or related field is required.
- Prior regulatory and demonstrated leadership experience strongly desired.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package.
- Employee Stock Ownership options
- Retirement Savings Fund with employer match
- Health insurance plan options
- Hybrid remote work options
- Training – all employees have access to on-demand and in-person training courses covering a wide variety of topics, including technical, compliance, developmental, and safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success.
- Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
- Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center. If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though! To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com. In addition to the online application, please upload a current resume. We’ll accept applications through December 13, 2022. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.