This position is based in Minneapolis, MNAbout Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design
organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, essentials, beauty, or apparel categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design
team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials, and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Senior Designer of Denim
, you will collaborate with lead partners in merchandising, sourcing, sustainability and innovation teams. This person will translate global trends to create brand right seasonal collections for Denim.
- Build seasonal collections based on global and domestic trends.
- Provide a brand specific lens to interpret global denim trends for Target Gen Z guest
- Continuous evolution and improvements to enhance overall design, sourcing & execution of denim in line with Target Forward sustainability initiatives.
- Works with Design Director to research and create seasonal conceptual vision & direction.
- Works with Design Director to develop styles that align with the brand direction.
- Partners with cross functional leads to ensure synergy in design and product development.
- Partners cross-functionally with the Merchandising team to maintain style counts that match the merchandising plan.
- Collaborates with vendors, and internal sourcing team on bringing newness to product development that meet costing requirement.
- Leads preparation for seasonal presentations and meets all calendar deadlines and milestones.
- Leads fittings and works closely with technical team on sample execution.
- Seeks innovation and industry leadership through vintage & market research, fabric innovation and category specific research.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 7+ years design experience in womenswear with specific focus on denim; Experience within a denim/jeans business is required
- Bachelor's Degree in design
- Familiarity with denim washes, construction, fabrications, and treatments
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe experience required
- Has in-depth understanding of various wash creation techniques in denim garment.
- Elevated aesthetic & sense of trend
- Strong working knowledge of the global denim industry supply chain and key stakeholders
- Technical understanding and experience in fabric construction and finishing
- Technical understanding and experience in garment wash & dry process
- Ability to think and act globally, strategically and tactically
- Strong ability to lead and build strong partnerships
- Established relationships with external industry stakeholders
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management, Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.