Sr. Sourcing Manager-Performance Materials
The retail landscape is changing - fast - and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of "Expect More. Pay Less." it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop - in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
We're looking for a Sr. Sourcing Manager - Materials who is interested in putting their business, leadership and people skills to work. Be a leader and trendsetter by delivering your passion for retail to Target. Our team is our greatest asset, so we invest in the growth and development of our team, and have fun while doing it. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Sr. Sourcing Manager - Materials, you'll take the lead as you...
- Work with a cross-functional team, including Target Merchants and Product Design and Development, to turn ideas into the merchandise on our stores' shelves and in our online channels
- Partner with overseas sourcing and fabric suppliers to deliver high-quality, trend-right merchandise at a great value for our guests
- Utilize robust negotiating skills and costing expertise to ensure quality/cost, and deliver maximum bottom-line impact
- Leverage your expertise of the supply chain to improve cost of goods, quality, value and ensure all Owned Brand product meets our Responsible Sourcing goals.
- Build competitive advantage for Target by driving the raw material strategy, enabling speed and flexibility for Owned Brand Apparel
- Develop a globally balanced supplier matrix that delivers on company financial objectives, drives for speed and flexibility and enables Target to be first to market
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability to influence
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, as well as being detail oriented
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Exhibits analytical mindset and financial acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity - demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Global mindsight
- Respects, appreciates and value diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.