Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Compliance Associate Director, you will be responsible for managing foundational and strategic compliance accountabilities that support all aspects of UCare's Corporate Compliance Program. UCare has established and maintains an effective Compliance Program that provides oversight and governance to all functional areas across the organization. Ensure UCare's Compliance efforts are designed to strengthen a culture that promotes prevention, detection, and correction of non-compliance. In addition, you will be responsible for the coordination and administration of a broad scope of Compliance Program activities, projects and initiatives.
• Inform and carry out the Compliance Program strategic direction as reflected in UCare's Compliance Strategic Plan and annual Compliance Plans.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to Compliance staff and leaders, while supporting performance management of staff.
• Partner with members of the Compliance Leadership Team to design and implement Compliance Program infrastructure, including processes and tools for administration of the Compliance Program. May include helping to ensure the proper design and implementation of internal controls and operating policies and procedures, including those of third-party service providers.
• Manage and/or oversee compliance projects, initiatives and reporting, including matters with visibility at all levels of the company, from front line staff to the Board of Directors.
• Establish, coordinate and maintain project plans, gap analyses, milestone dates, and leadership updates.
• Maintain knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, contractual requirements related to expectations for compliance programs to assess Compliance Program impact and consult with internal stakeholders as a Compliance Program subject matter expert.
• Oversee deployment, monitoring and assessment of implementation of new regulations through the regulatory change management process.
• Conduct the annual Compliance Risk Assessment, and collaborate with the Vice President, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer in identifying key initiatives and developing the Compliance Program work plan.
• Ensure that standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices are established, implemented, maintained and updated to promote compliance with applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
• Collaborate with external clients, regulators, delegates, vendors, internal stakeholders, and high levels of management.
• Develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution for the business.
• Participate in contract reviews and negotiations and proposal development as requested by senior leadership. Act as compliance subject matter expert and/or coordinator for various audits and examinations, including regulatory audits.
• Chair or co -chair various committees and/or project initiatives, including the Delegate Oversight Committee and the Regulatory Change Management Committee.
• Collaborate with the Vice President, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer to develop, coordinate and prepare presentations and reports for the Compliance Oversight Committee and the Compliance Committee of the UCare Board of Directors.
• Collaborate with teammates across the Compliance Department in managing workload, assigning tasks, monitoring progress against work plans and meeting regulatory timelines, bringing forth issues to the Vice President, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer and the Legal Department as necessary.
• Participate in the development and delivery of compliance training for UCare employees as well as any required training for first tier and downstream entities.
• Support the initiatives of the Compliance Department, leveraging cross functional subject matter expertise to improve the overall effectiveness of UCare's Compliance Program.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Requires a BA/BS; MS/MBA/JD or professional designation such as CHC preferred.
Five years managerial/supervisory experience. Seven years of progressively complex experience in health care, regulatory, ethics, and/or compliance. Experience managing or dealing with compliance risks associated with healthcare as well as experience working in and/or building effective compliance programs. Experience reading and understanding regulations, laws, statutes and contracts.
Project management and/or process improvement experience.
Experience with Medicare plans, Medicaid managed care plans, and products sold in the commercial individual health insurance market.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 12/5/2022