Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Event Description:
Target is hosting an intensive 3-day virtual symposium for 100 rising Juniors. The symposium will focus on diversity and inclusion, development, the retail industry, and internship opportunities at Target.Location and Dates:
Application Deadline: June 2
Symposium Event Dates: August 9-11, 2023Symposium Opportunities:
Application and Eligibility Requirements:
- Learn about Target and career opportunities within stores
- Hear from our Business Council members and learn about the value of diversity in retail
- Attend developmental workshops, panels, and networking sessions with Target Leadership
- Engage in job shadowing with Team Members in stores
- Participate in a case-study
- Event attendees are guaranteed an interview for a Summer 2024 Internship
- Sophomore or rising Junior in class standing preferred (graduating between December 2024 and August 2025)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Computer Science/Networking/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline)
Please attach an updated resume. If selected to move forward, you will complete a phone interview with a Recruiter. More about the Software Engineering Internship! As a potential Summer 2024 Software Engineering Intern, you will:
- Problem solver who likes to build things, tackle complex technical challenges
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one programming language
- Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
- Like collaborating with a team and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Use your technology acumen to provide input and assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code and design review; as well as write, organize and maintain code based on designs.
- With guidance, deliver high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met.
- Resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitor systems capacity with minimal assistance. Search and understand metadata about various data sources and metrics.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.