Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
As a Buyer on the Multicultural Merchandise & Enterprise Segmentation Team you will collaborate with Merchant, Marketing, Technology and other partners to create segmentation strategies for key enterprise segments through analytical rigor, influencing integration into assortments in support of category financial objectives. You will work across teams to ensure segmentation goals are both developed and consistently executed across categories. You will provide critical input into the development of assortment capabilities that will enable business value by improving the quality, timing, speed and flexibility of assortment decisions down to the appropriate segmented and localized level.About You:
- Support and drive the Enterprise Black Guest Assortment Strategy within the Essentials and Hardlines pyramids, working in close alignment with key partners across Merchandising, Design, Owned Brands, Space & Presentation, Marketing, Diversity & Inclusion, Guest Insights, Assortment Planning, etc.
- Leverage internal and external data and partners to identify key category trends and develop sustainable and scalable assortment plans that will deliver a more relevant experience for the guest - inclusive of Greenfield, Domo, Mintel, Kantar, etc.
- Manage and support category and brand relationships across an array of vendors with varied business size, skillsets and market share, identifying new and emerging opportunities for Target to test and scale Black Owned/Founded/Led/Intended products.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting across the Multicultural team to ensure broad based strategic updates to key roundtable partners and leadership
- Support store engagement initiatives and processes to maximize locally relevant opportunities.
- Work collaboratively across the Multicultural Merchandising and Enterprise Segmentation team to ensure broad based strategic intent is achieved for consistency where needed
- Serve as expert on current business, market and industry trends as it relates to the Black guest segment within Essentials and Hardlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Merchandising and/or Multicultural Work
- Demonstrated cultural competency and passion for diversity & inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and navigate ambiguity
- Must be able to prioritize effectively and manage competing priorities effectively
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$65,600.00 USD - $118,100.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.