Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
ACCREDITATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Work Location: Work from home. Must be within a commutable distance to attend in-person meetings as necessary.
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Accreditation Program Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting NCQA Accreditation and other regulatory needs for the organization. You will serve as part of the Quality Improvement (QI) team to provide support and subject matter expertise throughout the accreditation process. In addition, you will assist accreditation projects and review documents to ensure that they meet NCQA requirements and prepare them for submission to NCQA. Support regulatory work that aligns with UCare's strategic and annual quality workplan. You will partner closely with the Accreditation Program Manager on supporting teams, coordinating, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, meeting project objectives and reporting to regulatory entities and leadership on project status and outcomes.
• Responsible for helping project manage NCQA activities. Assist with overseeing and managing project plans, timelines, interventions, development of reports, policies and procedures and materials to effectively meet NCQA requirements.
• Develop key deliverables which may include, but are not limited to, regulatory reports, quality improvement evaluations, presentations and status updates. Responsible for identifying and addressing project barriers and reporting progress to appropriate UCare leadership.
• Ensure consistency of accreditation standards interpretation and application and ensure business owners understand accreditation requirements.
• Participate to ensure UCare is compliant with regulatory requirements for quality. This includes an understanding of applicable State, Federal, and NCQA requirements and the ability to keep updated with any new requirements and to modify projects, as needed.
• Participate to ensure that UCare is compliant with NCQA requirements. This includes maintaining a current understanding of NCQA standards and documentation to meet the requirements, and modifying documentation as needed when requirements change. This also includes ensuring documents meet NQCA requirements and assisting business owners in writing reports, updating documents and preparing them for accreditation.
• Review and approve documents to ensure they meet NCQA requirements. Upload completed documents to the NCQA online submission tool. Ensure the online submission tool accurately reflects submission of standards and documents.
• Provide education on NCQA standards and requirements, as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and practices.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care, information systems, social sciences, public health or other related field required.
Three to five years of experience in quality improvement and in health care delivery system and/or project management experience. Demonstrated process improvement and project management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Problem-solving, decision-making, flexibility, disciplined, team management, business writing, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, able to work under pressure, deadline oriented and customer service skills.
At least five years of related experience. Formal training in NCQA. Knowledge and experience with the NCQA accreditation process. Experience working in managed care organization and facilitating NCQA.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 12/21/2022