Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
GUIDINGCARE PRODUCT OWNER
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
The position is responsible to use operational experience and strategic planning expertise to guide initiatives to maximize the business value delivered and manage the GuidingCare system from an enterprise level. Must possess an in-depth knowledge of the vision, goals and desired objectives of the system, data and UCare's initiatives. Drives resolution of defects and promotes system enhancements, working collaboratively with business units, IT and external parties. Evaluates system changes and helps drive upgrade decisions, communicates to stakeholders the impacts of changes, and serves as the Business Owner for the application.
• Serve as the primary business owner of GuidingCare representing the needs and perspectives of all UCare business stakeholders.
• Develops and manages the GuidingCare request queue by developing strong understanding of user experience and stakeholder requirements and can manage prioritization based on shared understanding of technical feasibility, usability, and value of GC to frontline staff, and overall business viability.
• Leverages Human Centered Design (HCD) thinking to ensure that GC users and leader stakeholders play a central role in the design and development of ongoing fixes and enhancements towards a better user experience.
• Oversee ongoing requests for GC and serves as the main point of contact for management, day to day communication, consultation, and routing requests between UCare staff (routine configuration items) and HealthEdge (application build).
• Leads the design and development of quantitative and qualitative analysis of the GC user experience, Electronic Health Record (EHR) efficiency, and related member engagement statistics.
• Works directly with frontline staff to conduct user experience testing and gathering requirements for new features, process improvement opportunities, and training needs.
• Works directly with BA, QA, and engineers on exploring technical feasibility and integrity of existing processes and integrations through regularly scheduled updates from HealthEdge.
• Works directly with department team leaders to develop deep understanding of business needs, current capabilities, and desired future state to prioritize the most impactful enhancements and fixes, and to incorporate into feature designs and reporting tools.
• Monitors application data to identify training needs for GC users, and collaborates on educational and process improvement interventions.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business administration, computer science or related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years' experience in a managed care organization or other health insurance environment. Two years of care management product ownership experience. Solid operational experience.
Clinical background, conflict management and facilitation skills. Vendor Relationship Management experience, leadership experience. Experience with agile principles and processes.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 12/22/2022