Psychometrician (remote, hybrid, or onsite)
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Position can be full remote (must be located in the United States), onsite, or hybrid.
The Psychometrician is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of large-scale K-12 assessments. Incumbent will work with education clients that have retained DRC’s services, collaborating with each client to determine testing program needs and desired outcomes and identifying how DRC’s psychometric solutions match their unique program’s needs. A successful candidate will demonstrate understanding of best practices in assessment design and development, and measurement theory, and show evidence of being able to successfully partner with clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Ensure that psychometric practices are implemented and documented consistently to meet industry standards and that quality assurance criteria, project schedules and deadlines are met.
- Manage client relationships and scopes of work that include all phases of the assessment development process including item and test analyses, test equating, standard setting, score reporting and technical reports.
- Partner with clients on reliability and validity studies and other psychometric activities to support our clients.
- Participate in meetings with subject matter experts/examination committees.
- Represent DRC at industry conferences, preparing and delivering presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Create psychometric content for RFP responses.
- Contribute as an integral member of DRC’s Psychometric team.
- Assist with other Special Projects or teams at DRC as needed.
- Doctoral degree preferred (Ph.D.) however Master’s Degree in educational measurement, psychological measurement, evaluation, assessment, or a related field with an emphasis on psychometrics. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 + years of experience in the psychometric, measurement, analytics or high stakes testing industry preferred.
- Experience in the development and scoring of examinations for education clients is preferred.
- Experience managing client relations for large-scale assessments.
- Previous experience conducting standard settings.
- Experience working with complex data structures and manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Working knowledge of statistical theory with an emphasis on Rasch models, many-facet Rasch, research methodologies, and applied measurement.
- Proven ability to lead internal and external teams and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Exemplary communication skills, oral and written, and outstanding relationship building skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information and communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience with computer programs and applications including MS Office, database management and data manipulation is required. Knowledge and demonstrated use of and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Winsteps or other IRT software) is required.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Requirements:
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.