Position Information Position Title
Program Director, MPH in Global Health Division
Academic Affairs Department/Office
Position Summary Information AdvertisementSt. Catherine University
and the Public Health Department welcomes application for full-time Program Director of MPH in Global Health
The MPH in Global Health Program is focused on developing socially responsible leaders to combat public health issues by engaging and collaborating with local and global communities. The Program Director will provide strategic direction and leadership to the department. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing an innovative and respected program of research in their area of interest and expertise to advance the discipline and inform classroom teaching. This is a 10-month, tenure track position that will begin in August of 2023. Dependent on the applicant's qualifications and experiences, the initial appointment may be at the assistant or associate professor level.Responsibilities include:
- Attend regular administrative meetings across the university and leads internal departmental meetings and external advisory board meetings
- Draft and edits annual reports to the accrediting body and internal university reports
- Recruit, hire and train adjunct and regular faculty and staff
- Teach the equivalent of 3-4 graduate courses during the academic year across in-person, hybrid, and online environments
- Monitor and assess student-learning outcomes and provide timely and frequent feedback to students on academic performance
- Design, teach, evaluate and revise course content to reflect evidence-based practice and most current knowledge in the field
- Monitor curriculum content and make recommendations as appropriate to maintain relevance. Advise students on their academic program of study
- Contribute to the highly collaborative work of the department and participate in departmental meetings
- Mentor students in research and scholarship
- Publish research and participate in national and international conferences related to one's scholarship.
- Engage in professional development opportunities such as faculty/staff workshops and departmental trainings
- Participate in service to the community and profession such as volunteer work and participating on boards
Employees at St. Kate's feel a deep connection to the University's Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
- Three weeks of accrued vacation time as well as fourteen (14) paid holidays and six paid “gift” days when the university is closed.
- Accrued sick time.
- Free tuition for employees and reduced tuition for their families after one year of service
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students
in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- College level teaching experience
- Experience in leadership position in an academic and/or professional setting
- Five (5) years of experience working in global health, including research or practice in either academic or non-academic roles
- Published research, preferably in the field of global health
- Doctorate degree in Public Health or related Health Sciences field
- Teaching experience in a Master or doctorate in Public Health program or related Health Sciences field
- Experience as a program director or administrator
- Active global health research agenda
- Experience with a CEPH (Council on Education for Public Health) accredited program
- Experience directing academic programs
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a brief, specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae