Description: Lead Consultant, Reputation Management Classification: Exempt Date: January 2023 About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics, or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role in Reputation Management means you will help facilitate how the company prepares for, responds to, and monitors reputation risk. Risk events that could impact Target's reputation and ability to achieve strategic and business objectives can occur anywhere - from the merchandise we sell, to the stores we operate, to how our corporate policies are carried out, to the positions we take.
As Lead Consultant, Reputation Management, you will wear many hats and be an integral player in supporting the Reputation & Risk (R&R) program, which is the company's central structure for preparing for potential reputation risks and responding to materialized risk events. This includes:
- Leading our reputation stakeholder engagement program, which includes stakeholder identification, assessment and mapping, monitoring and reporting; drafting proactive and reactive stakeholder engagement plans and coordinating execution across the company in order to build and strengthen external relationships, protect Target's reputation and help achieve business goals.
- Convening and coordinating stakeholder engagement partners from across the enterprise; developing or improving tools and templates to facilitate alignment across internal teams.
- Assisting in coordinated Public Affairs strategy development and execution to address priority issues in growth markets and across issue areas as needed.
- Helping to facilitate the assessment of potential and materialized reputation risks, and participating in cross-functional teams and issue assessments on a regular basis, representing Reputation Management in a variety of situations.
- Supporting reputation issues management by conducting both real-time and ongoing research, monitoring and analysis. Identification of best practices.
- Engaging partners from across the enterprise as we work together to support key business initiatives, and provide valuable insights and analysis.
- Additional job duties include ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting on a portfolio of topics, including managing and innovating with the technology systems used to support these activities.
- Consistently demonstrating behaviors aligned to Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection, and Drive.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About You:
- B.A/B.S. degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of directly related experience in issues management, crisis management, communications, reputation management, public policy
- Excellent written, oral and facilitation communication skills; experience conducting research; ability to distill complex topics into clear and concise analysis or recommendations
- Ability to work in team situations and to contribute to cross-functional activities
- Highly organized and efficient, able to work in a fast-paced, highly sensitive area and manage multiple tasks at the same time; strong sense of urgency and priority
- Bias for action and strong ability to execute with minimal oversight: coordinate, prioritize, put forth recommendations, establish goals, ensure timelines are met and resources are being used wisely
- Ability to innovate and engage in continuous improvement of our program and processes
- Demonstrated curiosity, creative problem solving and leadership skills
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$85,400.00 USD - $153,700.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.