Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - ADMNISTRATION, HUMAN RESOURCE & FACILITY MANAGEMENT
Work Location: Office for your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
Provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer and Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer. Key liaison for internal and external customers. Manage all administrative functions, including scheduling, meeting preparation, communications, project support, travel and conference attendance.
• Calendar: Manage calendars for EVP, VP, Director, Assistant Director, Manager plus any staff as directed by EVP, VP, Director, Assistant Director or Manager. This includes coordinating meetings with internal only or external and internal attendees. Reserve conference rooms and arrange catering and/or beverages as needed. Resolve calendar conflicts proactively and alert receptionist to incoming guests. Work with mail services staff to prepare room setup for meetings.
• Coordinate and manage calendars by scheduling meetings using individual and department calendars, including internal and external groups, scheduling conference rooms, arranging food and beverages as needed. Resolve scheduling conflicts in a proactive manner. Ensure front desk receptionist is aware of incoming guests for meetings.
• Provide day to day administrative support for EVP and Chief Administrative Officer, EVP and VP and Chief Human Resource Officer including making travel arrangements, arranging conference attendance, screening mail, and telephone calls based on knowledge of critical issues. Compose letters, memos, documents and reports as directed or needed. Perform research and analysis for projects. Prepare monthly expense reports.
• Additional support is given to Human Resources and Facility Management, including making travel arrangements, arranging conference attendance for staff, and assisting with scheduling of larger group meetings.
• Assist with SharePoint document repositories, Microsoft Teams work group sites and other project sites, as applicable.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality in all matters relating to the Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Human Resource Officer.
• Participate and interact with other administrative professionals to improve efficiencies and learn new processes as needed.
• Provide backup support for Senior Executive Assistant to EVP Chief Information Officer.
• Expenses: Prepare and submit expense reports for EVP/VP/Director levels and any staff as directed by EVP/VP/Director.
• Supplies: Maintain supply inventory for department; order items as requested.
• Records Coordinator Duties: Act as department Records Coordinator to facilitate offsite storage and/or basement storage. Work with Facilities yearly to update records and keep or destroy offsite records.
• Participate and interact with other administrative professionals when scheduling meetings, working to improve efficiencies, learn new processes, and pass information along to other staff members.
• Other: Training on systems such as Oracle, APEX, Concur, SharePoint, ADP, ServiceNow, Requisition System, inventoried materials site, contract signing approval process, policy and procedure site.
• Assist with onboarding new staff in respective departments.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three or more years of executive, HR or administrative support experience. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products and SharePoint.
Experience in a health care environment.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/11/2023