Position Information Position Title
Events Logistics Coordinator Division
Institutional Advancement Department/Office
Position Summary Information AdvertisementSt. Catherine University
and University Events
invite applications for a full-time Event Logistics Coordinator
The University Events
office plans all kinds of campus events! We create logistics for academic lectures, commencement, student parties and more. We get to connect directly with our students as we hire and develop them to run logistics and help host our events. Our team is never bored! The Event Logistics Coordinator
facilitates all on-campus events for internal and external clients, providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that they are positively impacted by their partnership with the University and the department. Many events occur during business hours, but occasionally events will be held during evening and weekend hours so schedule flexibility is critical for this role. Responsibilities include:
- Plan and facilitate logistics for events including gathering information for use of space, setting up furniture and audio/visual technology, planning event flow, staffing events and budgeting.
- Collaborate with other campus departments including Catering Services, Facilities Management, Media Services, Public Safety, and Student Activities for the smooth operation of events.
- Serve university clients including departments and student organizations with facility tours, contracts, and event logistics.
- Collaborate with Career Development to recruit student employees. Train and supervise students to act as event assistants to set up events and serve the client during the event.
- Participate on campus committees as a department representative.
- Work within university and department policies and procedures including compliance with ADA and fire codes.
- Assist with audio/visual needs in an increasingly hybrid hosting environment.
Employees at St. Kate's feel a deep connection to the University's Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Twenty (20) days a year when the university is closed
- Free tuition for employees and their families after one year of service
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
In coordination with the Director, the Event Logistics Coordinator facilitates all on-campus events for internal and external clients and specializes in event logistics such as staffing, furniture setup, technology, event flow, and budgeting. This position is expected to provide exceptional customer service, make decisions based on policies and procedures, and ensure all customers and events are positively impacted by their partnership with the office. Function as on-site Director in their absence.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of full-time experience coordinating events/planning logistics for multiple events at at time
- Two (2) years of supervision experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience with reservation software such as CollegeNet or EMS
- Experience using meeting room technology
- Schedule flexibility to run events outside of business hours
- Ability to lift 30 lbs throughout the course of a workday
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Event sales experience
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Experience using Extron technology
- Experience organizing a high volume of details for multiple events with flawless execution.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
.St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter