Position Information Position Title
Assistant Professor - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program - Primary Care Division
Academic Affairs Department/Office
Nursing MS Nurse Practitioner
Position Summary Information AdvertisementSt. Catherine University
and the School of Nursing
invite applications for a ten (10) month, full-time, Tenure Track faculty position for our Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program
The School of Nursing
is vibrant and dynamic, and our faculty educate students to develop the knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism they will need to be compassionate and successful nurses and leaders. Our nursing programs and curricula are delivered in an environment that embraces multicultural and social justice perspectives, relationships, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the liberal arts. The BSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing, and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing ( ACEN ). This faculty position responsibilities are to:
- Facilitate student learning in assigned courses by teaching and advising a diverse student population, modeling socialization to nursing roles, and referring students to appropriate University services.
- Teach graduate-level nursing courses, including clinical courses, didactic courses, theoretical content, and additional graduate prelicensure courses (as needed).
- As an educator, advisor, and mentor, foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic relationships with students of all cultures and abilities.
- Deliver instruction in full-semester hybrid and face-to-face courses during the summer, fall and spring terms.
- Provide clear, timely, and specific evaluative feedback to students about course assignments and clinical performance.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation, and advising activities according to Program of Study, School of Nursing, and University requirements.
- Use teaching and educational theories and methodologies to meet goals for student learning and program outcomes.
- Plan, design, implement and evaluate learning across the nurse practitioner curriculum.
- Select and utilize identified assessment methods to evaluate achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Use assessment and evaluative data from the program-specific systematic evaluation plan to promote achievement of student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Engage in service to the NP Program, the School of Nursing, the University and the nursing profession by participation/leadership in standing/ad hoc committees, and/or other service opportunities in the University and in the nursing professional community.
- Engaged scholarly agenda with activity in the School of Nursing, the University, and/or the nursing profession.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students
in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Masters degree in Nursing
- Current and unencumbered RN and APRN licenses in Minnesota
- National certification as an AGNP
- Clinical practice experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Doctoral degree in nursing or in progress
- Two (2) years of nursing education experience through precepting or in the classroom
- Experience teaching and mentoring diverse student populations
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current, unencumbered license as a nurse in Minnesota?
- * Do you have a current and unencumbered license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Minnesota?
- * Are you certified as one of the following? 1) Gerontology Nurse Practitioner 2) Adult Nurse Practitioner 3) Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practioner
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a brief, specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy