Position Information Position Title
Assistant Director of Admissions / Account Manager Division
Admission W/G/M - Marketing
Position Summary Information AdvertisementSt. Catherine University
and the College for Adults
and the Graduate School
Admission team invites applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions / Admission Account Manager
position. This is a full-time position that works closely with prospective students as they apply for admission.
The Assistant Director of Admission will work with students to help them find their career path and then find the easiest way for them to get there! No two students are the same so our work is endlessly fascinating. Our Admission office offers a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are passionate about St. Catherine University and about finding potential students who are a great fit. This position represents our College for Adults and our Graduate College, managing prospective student relationships and administering admission procedures. Responsibilities are to:
- Conduct outreach activities to create visibility among key external audiences and generate new prospective student leads for a portfolio of the University's College for Adults and Graduate programs.
- Nurture and convert new leads to apply and enroll.
- Recruitment and outreach, face-to-face and digital, in a wide variety of external settings, which may include businesses, healthcare providers, schools, colleges, universities, professional organizations, public and nonprofit agencies.
- Independently represent the University and its programs to key external audiences, using a sophisticated understanding of University programs to diverse contacts in businesses, nonprofits, schools, colleges, public entities and other organizations.
- Outreach is done in partnership with College for Adults and Graduate program directors and other faculty and graduate admission staff.
- This person will work closely with prospective students to ensure high rates of conversion from the point of inquiry to application, and high yield rates from the point of application to acceptance and matriculation.
- Counsel and advise prospective students about admission, curriculum, tuition and financial aid opportunities using consultative sales techniques to engage prospects throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Learn and understand the selling points of offered degree and certificate programs.
- Advise all inquiring potential students on a wide variety of academic program requirements, prerequisite requirements, and licensure requirements.
- Assist students with understanding the basics of Federal Financial Aid.
- Share in a collaborative, team-oriented approach to outreach, recruitment and admission work, contributing to selected projects for the advancement of admission operations.
- Work and occasionally travel during evenings and weekends for recruitment events.
Employees at St. Kate's feel a deep connection to the University's Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
- Three weeks of accrued vacation time as well as fourteen (14) paid holidays and six paid “gift” days when the university is closed.
- Accrued sick time.
- Free tuition for employees and reduced tuition for their families after one year of service
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students
in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience in admissions, college advising, college counseling, financial aid, financial literacy, or financial education. This could also include experience in complex sales.
- Experience interacting respectfully and helpfully with a diverse population of students and parents.
- Driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience successfully identifying great matches for graduate school or college for adult programs.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
.St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a brief, specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter