LEGAL SUPPORT STAFF/SECRETARY – FULL-TIME
LEGAL SUPPORT STAFF/SECRETARY - FULL-TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time Legal Support Staff/Legal Secretary to join our support staff at our St. Cloud office. MMLA’s St. Cloud office provides free legal advice and representation in 9 counties in Central Minnesota. This position will start as soon as possible after it is filled.
As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
BACKGROUND: MMLA's mission is to advocate for the legal rights of disadvantaged people to have safe, healthy, and independent lives in their communities. MMLA provides civil legal representation to clients with low incomes and seniors in 21 counties in central Minnesota, and to people with disabilities throughout the state. MMLA receives funding from a variety of public and private sources and enjoys strong support from the organized bar.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions.
- General office support, including typing, filing, copying, scanning, and data entry.
- Assisting with sorting, scanning, and distributing incoming mail and posting outgoing mail.
- Front desk/switchboard.
- Screening for eligibility for services.
- Communication with attorneys, paralegals, and clients.
- Providing backup to others on the support staff team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability and desire to connect with MMLA’s client community.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines and switch focus as needed.
- Ability to learn new technology, software, and processes as they are deployed.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required.
- Second language ability, particularly in Spanish, preferred.
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred.
SALARY: $35,546 to $38,546 per year ($18.23-$19.77 per hour), depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off.
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter explaining interest in the position online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment until position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Ann Cofell at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.