As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact-rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst Small Formats & Remodels - Stores Finance, you will:
- Establish labor plans for Target's Small Format stores - one of Target's enterprise strategic growth initiatives - ensuring that these unique stores achieve their financial goals and deliver an outstanding guest experience.
- Create and maintain monthly store-level Small Format labor productivity plans through ongoing assessment of sales trends and labor needs
- Monitor store level results, adjusting labor for changing sales patterns and workload requirements in a very dynamic retail environment
- Influence workload decisions and optimize Target's labor investment for these stores through close partnership with Store Operations HQ and Field teams
- Influence future Small Format and Remodel strategies and results through ongoing ad-hoc decision support and analysis, annual goal setting, accurate expense forecasts, and proactive identification of risks / opportunities.
-Establish annual financial goals for these initiatives, partnering closely with cross-functional teams to set appropriate productivity targets
- Plan and manage the store expense required to prepare teams for successful New Store openings & impactful Target Remodels, helping to ensure on-time opening and remodel completion
- Assess the impact of changing business environments on these strategies to inform accurate financial forecasts and operational plans
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance
• Four or more years Finance/Accounting/Audit or related Operations experience
• Experience working with spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel)
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organization skills
• Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit with strong initiative and willingness to take risks
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :(min) USD - (max) USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.