Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Business Development Community Relations Manager, you will lead and support the development of community relations and investments for new markets and partnerships. You will be responsible for stakeholder research; initiating, developing and tracking outreach to new market stakeholders; identifying potential areas of partnership and innovation; conducting focus groups; facilitating cross functional communication; and managing ongoing relationships with stakeholders that support UCare's strategic initiatives.
• Research new markets and collaborate cross departmentally to identify key stakeholders who are essential to supporting UCare strategic initiatives and new market opportunities, with a particular emphasis on health and racial equity, and Medicaid procurements.
• Develop outreach plans for relevant stakeholders and community organizations in identified new markets. Track the ongoing communication and development of relationships, including identifying stakeholder priorities and respective overlap with UCare strategic initiatives, while highlighting potential areas of innovative partnership and/or sponsorship(s) and investment.
• Identify, prioritize, develop, and track unique community relationships and potential opportunities for investment and sponsorship that support UCare's strategic initiatives, address new market access gaps and highlight areas of innovation and best practices for new market procurements and opportunities.
• Support and facilitate communication related to community relationships, investments and sponsorships across a cross-functional team that prepares for organizational readiness and implementation to support new market entrance. This includes, but not limited to, coordinating with UCare's Marketing and Community Relations teams to promote and celebrate unique partnerships, investments and sponsorships.
• Serve as an internal consultant to UCare leadership, including the Market President, and others, to take the lead on initiating, developing and tracking community relationships and investments for new markets.
• Prepare, develop, and present periodic new market community relations status updates and analyses that identify best practices, unique partnerships, investments and sponsorships that should promoted, as well as flag key risks that may require remediation or further vetting to ensure success.
• Lead communication and management of partner relationships with prioritized stakeholders and a cross-functional team as requested by UCare leadership.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business, health care/public administration, and/or related field required. Demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least five years of experience in a health plan, governmental entity or service-based organization with market/program research and analysis responsibilities. Experience should include: managing staff, leading research, conducting outreach, planning activities, as well as summarizing and presenting information.
Strategic experience within a health plan, governmental entity or service-based organization working with health policy or external affairs. Knowledge of state and federal government health care programs and policy development preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/20/2023