Description: JOIN US AS A PRINCIPAL ENGINEER - AD TECH / ROUNDEL MEDIAAbout us:
Roundel is Target's entry into the media business with an impact of $1B+; an advertising sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe content environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We are here to drive business growth for our clients and redefine "value" in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. Roundel is a key growth initiative for Target and lead the industry to a better way of operating within the media marketplace. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that our clients, guests and team members need and deserve. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Principal Engineer, you will collaborate with cross functional teams to set the technology strategy for Ad Tech platforms, including DSP, SSP, and Ad Servers, for self-service advertising needs. You will be assessing build/buy decisions for new capabilities through POCs and prototypes, keeping in mind long-term vs. short-term tradeoffs. You set the direction for how software and infrastructure engineering efforts will be designed, developed, and operationalized across multiple portfolios and drives adoption across Target Tech. You lead and approve software and infrastructure engineering efforts to meet functional and non-functional requirements and assist teams in resolving complex business challenges via current technical solutions. Work with engineering leaders to build a high performing engineering team and provide technical leadership, coaching, motivation and participate in the selection of technical talent. You are a thought leader and actively participate and contribute to the external technical community.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10 plus years of experience in technology development or services
- 4+ years of experience in strategic planning and setting technical direction
- Has demonstrated success in solving complex technical problems in more than one technical or functional areas
- Deep understanding of Ad Tech business fundamentals and how technologies can support business and how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications
- Preferred experience in building and or integrating DSP, SSP, Ad Server technology platforms in support of self-service advertising
- Experience in scalable and high performant distributed systems and OOP technologies like Java/Scala/SQL/ no-sql (postgre, mongoDB, Cassandra, graph structure, etc.), Kubernetes containers, Cloud tech, etc.
- Has proven leadership capabilities, the ability to influence others, advanced interpersonal skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Has excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills to convey complex technical solutions clearly to an organization
- Has excellent planning and organizational skills.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times yr. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $169,000 to $305,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.