Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
COORDINATION OF BENEFITS SUPERVISOR
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Coordination of Benefits Supervisor, you will be responsible to hire, supervise, mentor and coach a team focused on Coordination of Benefits (COB) functions and processes. Ensure proper training is received and provide timely feedback to staff on performance. Lead the COB team to meet departmental service levels, contractual obligations, and complete monthly reporting duties. Possess and maintain comprehension of COB processes to ensure proper processing/handling of functions for the COB team. Represent department in cross-functional projects or initiatives. Maintain cost and operationally effective enrollment processes. Serve as back- up for Managers and department Supervisors, as needed.
• Recruit, interview and select new staff.
• Ensure day-to-day operations meet department needs, and assist with production, as needed. This may include a variety of department activities, including: providing vendor oversight for critical business functions such as loading of files, compares, and regulatory analysis.
• Serve as a representative of B&E Leadership with internal partners such as CCO and other appropriate departments
• Monitor, develop and coach members of the team including maintaining the daily schedules and workflow. Drive performance by providing consistent feedback on performance in a timely manner. Conduct at least monthly one-on-one with staff.
• Provide production support and vendor oversite for critical business functions such as enrollment, file loads, reconciliation, and regulatory analysis and hearings.
• Partner with appropriate UCare Leaders to resolve cross-functional issues and ensure consistency across team as appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to all departmental and contractual obligations, including service levels. Complete a monthly report of department activities, issues and accomplishments. Participate in department benchmarking, best practice and forecasting efforts. Ensure timely completion of department plan activities.
• Support development and maintenance of department policies, procedures and work instructions consistent with the goals and objectives of the department. Review and update as appropriate at least annually. Communicate changes in procedures and work instructions to staff, QA, and management in a timely manner.
• Maintain an operational knowledge of all applications, systems and required sites/applications (i.e. ADV HIX, ADV Gateway, ADV Billing, HealthRules, Amisys, MARX, MNits). Assist in the assessment and resolution of computer system issues.
• Assist with the development of staff goals and performance measurements.
• Effectively and appropriately communicate issues and trends to department and UCare leaders.
• Collaborate with B&E Operations Support to ensure that training for the COB team is developed, implemented and evaluated for effectiveness.
• Support the B&E Operations Manager with the facilitation of department meetings, including the development of agendas and presenting information.
• Participate in designated cross functional work groups, as assigned.
• Other project and duties as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or leadership preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Two years supervisory or leadership experience in COB or health plan operations environment. Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate employees to reach individual and team goals. Strong working knowledge of products (Medicare, State Public Programs, Duals and Exchange), functions and processes in an operations environment and tools. Advanced computer skills specifically in Excel and Access.
Experience with coaching, quality monitoring, training, and day to day required process and functions in billing and enrollment operations environment. Knowledge of health insurance industry and regulatory requirements. Working knowledge of State Public Programs, Medicare, and Commercial Markets.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/25/2023