Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - LEGAL, COMPLIANCE AND INTERNAL AUDIT
Work Location: Office for your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to provide senior level administrative support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Legal Officer, Vice President - Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, Associate Vice President (AVP) & Deputy General Counsel, and all departments' staff. Manage the administrative and clerical functions for the senior leader, their direct reports, and their teams.
• Provide day to day administrative support for EVP/Chief Legal Officer, VP - Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer, and AVP/Deputy General Counsel and staff members, including making travel arrangements, arranging conference attendance, screening mail, email and telephone calls based on knowledge of critical issues. Compose, review, and edit letters, memos, documents and reports as directed or needed. Prepare monthly expense reports and credit card reconciles. Manage returned mail, including searching for updated/correct contact information when appropriate. Be readily available to assist all staff with software issues and service issues; submit service desk tickets on behalf of staff when necessary.
• Manage the calendars of each principle, including scheduling internal and external meetings using individual and/or department calendars. Coordinate board committee and large complex meetings and events to include both internal and external participants. Ensure all meeting needs are properly handled including room(s) scheduling, arranging food and beverages, meeting material and technology needs for meeting facilitator. Coordinate annual team outing(s). Resolve scheduling conflicts in a proactive manner.
• Participate on special projects: ongoing (SNBC, Provider Contracts); annual (strategic planning LT survey, ERM, charter updates); ad-hoc (SIU data mining) by performing administrative duties to include research, data analysis, manipulation, and entry. Coordinate large mailing projects and assist with data and contract management using various tracking and data entry methods/systems per the direction of department managers and supervisors. Accurately track business disruption incidents and work on annual charter review and updates.
• Serve as backup support to the Executive Assistant for the EVP and Chief Administrative Officer, EVP and Chief Information Officer and VP - Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Assist with Compliance 360 processes as appropriate, such as policy management and/or metric reporting.
• Assist with SharePoint repositories, HUB organization and permissions, and requested app and design changes to departments' HUB page.
• Maintain confidentiality in all manners.
• Draft correspondence and create forms and templates using UCare's standard approved terms, if applicable.
• Conduct initial review of certain contracts and identify issues for attorney review or advice.
• Conduct legal and regulatory research as directed by, and under the supervision of, UCare Attorneys and provide verbal/written reports on such research.
• Monitor administrative related budget line items for all department expenses. Properly process department expenses according to budge; set-up new purchase order(s) in Oracle system in accordance with Purchasing policy and procedures. Order and maintain an inventory of general supplies and ordering additional office supplies as requested.
• Responsible for accurate completion of and labeling of boxes for off-site storage and maintaining records ensuring compliance requirements are met for all supported departments. Work with Facilities and Mail Services to send/retrieve stored material when needed. Maintain detailed log of material stored off-site by department. Review off-site storage records annually taking any necessary action to maintain or destroy material. Collaborate with Paralegal to facilitate annual Records Clean-Up Week.
• Collaborate with other administrative staff to complete projects and meet scheduling needs. Participate and interact to improve efficiencies and learn new processes as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years executive, legal or administrative support experience. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products and SharePoint.
Experience in a health care environment.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/26/2023