Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
As a Lead Product Designer on the Drive Up & Delivery team, you'll make a big impact as a member of a passionate, supportive and increasingly diverse group focused on the continued evolution of Target's rapidly-growing same day fulfillment services. Join us as we shape the future of Target by building engaging experiences that are actively inclusive, fully accessible, and authentically representative of all Target guests.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are and it's why we continue to invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. Our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, writers, researchers, engineers, product managers, accessibility consultants and data analysts
- Helping to craft the vision for our Drive Up & Delivery experiences by identifying new opportunities and prioritizing enhancements
- Effectively using data and guest insights to uncover the right problems to solve
- Leading cross-functional discovery efforts like workshops & design sprints in order to generate and evaluate creative solutions
- Leveraging our robust design system to efficiently craft UI that is consistent and effective across all surfaces
- Tracking the impact of your work via guest feedback and data insights to help the team identify opportunities for continued iteration
- Identifying knowledge gaps and opportunities for guest research, and partnering with our dedicated group of researchers to create and execute learning plans
- Working with other teams across Target (store operations, supply chain, marketing, etc) to ensure a cohesive guest journey through our digital and physical experiences
- Leveling-up yourself & others via mentorship, training and career development programs
You're a curious person who can tackle ambiguous problems, identify opportunities and craft solutions that are impactful, delightful and simple. You want to be a leader on a team that creates best-in-class experiences that are born from guest problems and continually shaped by feedback and data insights. You're passionate about making an impact with your work and are extremely eager to collaborate with and learn from your peers.
- A portfolio showcasing a high level of craft with a strong foundation in visual and interaction design
- Proficiency with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe xD
- An ability to articulate design decisions with grace, logic and data
- An ability to influence strategy by engaging product and engineering partners
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- An ability to evaluate and manage competing priorities and timelines
- A passion for navigating complexity and making sense of ambiguity
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- 5-ish years of experience in UI design, service design, information architecture or equivalent experience in a related field (psychology, engineering, data analytics, etc)
The application process will include a series of interviews as well as a portfolio review of specific work samples and case studies that showcase your approach, process & outcomes.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only
: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $105,800-$190,400 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.