Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH CARE ANALYST
Work Location: Office for your Day or Work from Home
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
The position is responsible to analyze data and develop reporting and written summaries for quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the healthcare improvement efforts at UCare. Analytics will support the strategic development and assessment of UCare activities related to utilization management, provider profiling, and program evaluations. Represent Health Care Economics in meetings and work groups pertaining to health care analytics, clinical, financial, and strategic initiatives. Assist in development and compilation of result-driven health care analytics.
• Provide data, analysis, and written summaries to support ongoing healthcare business evaluations and state request for proposals (RFPs). Evaluate organization level initiatives and impacts on social determinants of health in partnership with clinical services, pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and external entities. Research qualitative analysis and conclusions for effectiveness of initiatives and programs. Assist in the selection and design of evaluation techniques for new initiatives, including the development of baseline and expected effects of new programs.
• Assist in the population and maintenance of UCare data resources, including dental, manual input data sources, and other internal databases; validate data for accuracy. Identify and assist in the development and implementation of solutions to data issues.
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting and analysis to assist in meeting strategic and departmental goals. Design and implement new analysis and reporting to support UCare leadership, with manager assistance.
• Develop expertise in the utilization of UCare's business intelligence tools, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Tableau, Business Objects, and other reporting software solutions.
• Develop and maintain documentation for all standard reporting processes.
• Maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers; assist user departments in understanding data, reports, and analytics.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of data structure within UCare's internal data systems, including membership, claims, providers, authorizations and product lines.
• Represent the Health Care Economics department in meetings related to specific projects and deliverables.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. with an emphasis in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or another field requiring extensive data analysis; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years qualitative and quantitative data analysis experience, preferably in health care utilization, demographics and social data research. SQL programming experience. Excellent written communication skills.
Experience with SAS, Tableau, and/or Business Objects.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/27/2023