Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER, PUBLIC AFFIARS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Work Location: Office for your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to provide executive administrative and project support to the Executive Vice President, Public Affairs and Chief Strategy Officer, Vice President of Business Development, and Vice President of Public Affairs. Manage the administrative and project support for the senior leaders, their direct reports, and their teams.
• Coordinate and manage calendars by scheduling meetings using individual and department calendars, including internal and external groups, scheduling conference rooms, arranging food and beverages as needed. Resolve scheduling conflicts in a proactive manner. Ensure front desk receptionist is aware of incoming guests for meetings.
• Provide day to day administrative support for Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Vice President of Business Development and Vice President, Public Policy Officer including making travel arrangements, arranging conference attendance, screening mail, and telephone calls based on knowledge of critical issues. Compose letters, memos, documents, and reports, as directed, or needed. Perform research and analysis for projects. Prepare monthly expense reports.
• Assist with SharePoint document repositories, Microsoft Teams work group sites and other project sites, as applicable.
• Develop and prepare agendas for meetings to ensure maximum productivity and project follow-through. Communicate project status to EVP. Meetings: Prepare materials and agendas for meetings (department, internal, and external). Attend meetings as directed by EVP/VP/Directors and record/transcribe minutes at their discretion. Maintain appropriate filing system for minutes and ensure staff have access to them.
• Prepare, process and code invoices, check and/or purchasing request, corporate card statements and expense reports for approval and on-time submission.
• Assist EVP and Business Development staff in scheduling internal and external meetings, including cross-departmental RFP project groups/committees, and meetings with consultants and other vendors.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality in all matters relating to the Chief Strategy Officer, Vice President of Business Development and Vice President, Public Policy Officer.
• Participate and interact with other administrative professionals to improve efficiencies and learn new processes as needed.
• Provide backup support for other Senior Executive Assistants/Executive Assistants, as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of a 2-year secretarial program or a Bachelor's degree; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years of administrative experience. Proficient Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and database management.
Experience in health care and/or legislative setting.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/27/2023