Mental Health Practitioner Float (Case Management Services)
- RADIAS Health
- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Jan 31, 2023
- Mar 02, 2023
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
$2,000 Sign-on bonus available!
Mental Health Practitioner Float
RADIAS Health is a nonprofit Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders services organization customizing community based services through the integration of knowledge, compassion, and collaboration. We are committed to being an anti-racist organization, welcoming all people's lived experiences and building on strengths to facilitate recovery.
Are you a Mental Health Practitioner who likes variety? Are you comfortable moving from program to program? Do you have experience or want to gain experience in any of the following programs? If so, this opportunity may be for you! The Float Practitioner will work in various programs and provide support, rehabilitation, and treatment to individuals served. General schedule is Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
Primary coverage areas:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Targeted Case Management (TCM) Homeless Services Community Treatment Team
- Interim Supervisor for a Residential Support Services group home in the Twin Cities IRTS
- Waivered Services Case Management
- Homeless Services and more!
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Access to culturally specific and evidence based trainings
- Routine supervision from a Mental Health Professional, with access to licensure supervision opportunities
- Medical (complementary access to NICE healthcare, a free primary care), dental, vision, life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with an employer percentage match
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and Loan Repayment
- Reimbursement for professional licensure fees
- Bereavement and paid parental leave
- Wellness program to support employee overall health and well-being
- Up to 4 weeks PTO first year of employment
- 12 holidays
- Some positions are eligible for an Office Benefit Package that covers cell phone, parking expenses, and remote/hybrid model
- Use of electronic devices for eligible positions
- Casual dress code
- Mileage reimbursement
- And more!
Apply to be part of our team today!
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Behavioral Sciences or related field. 2,000 hours supervised experience working with individuals with mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services across a range of programs at RADIAS Health including ACT, TCM, Homeless Services, and other programs as assigned. Work with assigned program to implement overall recovery goals and treatment plans in collaboration with the client and the assigned team. Participate in the development of individualized treatment plans, substance abuse treatment, and other tools necessary to promote recovery. Provide flexible coverage in the role assigned which may include primary responsibilities for all aspects of case management and rehabilitative services; including treatment planning documentation, conducting assessments, referrals, court reports, coordinating crisis response and care coordination. Position may include coaching and education on independent living skills such as cooking, shopping, cleaning, personal hygiene, transportation, budgeting, organization, and housing. Provide education to clients regarding the symptoms, course and treatment of their illness. File reports with Vulnerable Adult, Child Protection, the Ombudsman’s Office, and other mandated/required reports when applicable. Actively and assertively engage with the clients and their family members/significant others, including landlords and employers (with client approval).
- When working with homeless populations: provide active outreach, screen for presence of mental health diagnoses, explain services and arrange for resources to meet housing and service needs; schedule and conduct client intakes through shelter referrals and outreach at Ramsey County Emergency Shelters and Drop-In.
- Available to work weekend, evening, and holidays as needed. Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings. Provide transportation when applicable to clients' treatment plan goals. Promptly respond to email, text, and telephone communication. Complete all documentation, reports, and charting contemporaneously and in an organized manner per RADIAS Health policy and procedure manual. Participate actively in on-going professional growth and development; maintain appropriate professional behavior and participate in supervision as determined by supervisor. Maintain a pattern of regular work hours. Other duties as assigned.
- 30 Continuing Education (CEU) Credits every 2 years.
- Knowledge of symptoms and course of serious and persistent mental illness as well as medications and other therapies. Knowledge of current principles, practices and techniques of case management. Knowledge of community resources. Be knowledgeable about and utilize various chemical health treatment modalities such as harm reduction and motivational interviewing. Have knowledge of evidence-based clinical practices and empirically-supported treatments. Have demonstrable working knowledge of vulnerable adult laws and other pertinent statutes and regulations. Knowledge of supportive counseling techniques, independent living skills/teaching and crisis intervention techniques. Assess and manage crisis situations. Utilizes crisis and risk assessment tools for suicidal and aggressive behavior. Develop and maintain appropriate therapeutic relationship with clients. Ability to navigate an electronic healthcare record, and other computer software. Able to problem solve using analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking to reach a solution. Able to work under pressure in a fast paced time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines. Multitask in an environment with multiple distractions is a must. Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and be part of an ACT team. Be able to speak, clearly understand, and write the English language. Must have a car, a current MN driver’s license, valid auto insurance and be able to drive during the day or evening hours that may require you to drive in the dark. Be able to accommodate flexible working hours.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Type frequently. Drive frequently. Sit often. Stand occasionally. Walk frequently. Climb up to 10 flights of stairs. Lift 40 pounds or more.
RADIAS Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.