Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact-rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Treasury means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, bringing innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
The Director, Banking will lead and develop a group of highly talented team members to engage with external and internal partners while driving value in our processes and dialogue:Set Financial Priorities and Influence Key Business Decisions
Using your experiences to influence and collaborate, you will drive discussions with external and internal financial partners:
- Engage across broader finance and accounting teams to drive business opportunities, identify needed expertise, and serve as a liaison to other finance stakeholders
- Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure the team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial and functional performance
- Manage external bank and vendor relationships in support of broader treasury strategy and negotiate terms on key business contracts
- Work with internal technology partners on system development/enhancement/maintenance with a focus on our SAP system
You will set the priorities and lead the team to continuously improve on our processes and drive value in the team and with our adjacent business partners:
Lead, Develop, and Coach a Highly Talented and Motivated team
- Bank account management and wholesale treasury services
- Daily cash positioning and forecasting our enterprise liquidity needs
- Treasury payments platform and engagement with Accounts Payable/Payroll/Financial Retail Services
- Provide support to stores by partnering with Store Operations and Assets Protection
- Plan and oversee short-term funding and investment decisions
Success Factors for this role
- Lead a team responsible for banking operations, cash and short-term investment strategy, and treasury technology maintenance
- Attract, manage, and develop seasoned finance talent
- Champion continuous process improvement skills
- Develop external peer network to import innovation and best practices
- Drive engagement of Target's culture framework by leveraging both soft skill and functional skill development to promote connection, inclusion and drive
- Develop and enhance external vendor relationships to problem solve and identify innovations
- Connect and drive internal partner relationships to support cross functional goals to drive value creation
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement to generate efficiencies for the team and business partners
- Drive Target culture and enhance team and individual development
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- 4-year college degree (Preferably: Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance) or equivalent work experience
- 7 - 10+ years analytical experience, strong analytical aptitude
- Retail experience, specifically in Banking Operations, Treasury, Business Operations or equivalent preferred
- Strength in leadership, with the ability to direct, influence and develop a team of partners, peers, and direct reports
- Tolerance for ambiguity and comfort in working through problem solving frameworks while taking appropriate risks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage deadlines effectively, and prioritize effectively
- Excellent discovery, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- MBA/CTP/CPA/MA preferred
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $123,100-$221,600.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.