Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
DATA SCIENTIST - ENTERPRISE ANALYTICS
Work Location: Work from home
As the Data Scientist - Enterprise Analytics, you will be responsible for developing complex analytics across multiple business lines to inform and evaluate UCare's priorities, strategies, and programs. This includes the evaluation, integration, and application of new data sources, along with third-party analytic models and the development of internal models and methods, as needed. You will partner with UCare leaders and external partners on collaborative projects on behalf of UCare. In addition to the development of analytics and the engineering of appropriate data, the Data Scientist is responsible for the identification, explanation, and presentation of the most significant findings from the data to internal and external customers, leaders and executives.
• Initiate and execute advanced analyses, reports, and process enhancements. Maintain extensive subject matter expertise in project area. Work closely with other stakeholders to prioritize interventions and effect change and to understand end user needs.
• Determine most suitable data sets and methodologies to initiate advanced analytics and reports. Train other analysts on the use and maintenance of the newly developed analysis.
• Support the analytics on cross-functional work groups. Assist with investigation of data issues; Perform ad hoc queries of higher complexity; Perform statistical data analyses, root cause analyses of problems, and effectively identify appropriate solutions.
• Design and implement complex analyses that include advanced statistics and predictive analytical models to forecast near-term future outcomes.
• Assist in the maintenance and improvement of ETL processes, documentation, and QA, to ensure compliance with specifications to requested projects; liaison to external partners for data exchange/sharing projects as required; initiate new ETL projects related to external partnerships.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of data structures within UCare's internal data systems, including membership, enrollment, claims, providers, and product lines.
• Maintain current knowledge on use of new data from a variety of electronic healthcare data sources, as they become available.
• Support data needs for assigned projects. Meet with business owners to define criteria and report layouts; Use SQL to write queries of higher complexity against UCare's Enterprise Data Warehouse; Ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting and analysis to business owners. Provide analysis of the effectiveness of initiatives.
• Serve as primary team liaison with internal staff and external customers for projects. Provide support as needed to customers in other technical areas including, but not limited to, Membership Experience, Provider Experience, Stratification and/or Evaluation Techniques, Health Equity, and Population Health.
• Provide mentorship and direction to peers regarding data analysis, SQL, data management, effective communication, and other technical aspects as needed. Design training materials and serve as technical lead for new employee onboarding within the team.
• Represent the Health Care Economics department in internal and external committees and work groups.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
B.S.\B.A. with an emphasis in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Public Health (Biostatistics focus), or another field requiring extensive data analysis.
Demonstrated experience in health care analytics, statistical analysis and SQL programming may be considered in lieu of degree.
Eight years of progressive experience in health care industry working on data integration, analysis, and reporting. Demonstrated experience with planning strategically with while integrating clinical, technical, and business perspectives. Experience in completing complex analytics, defining specifications, reporting solutions, and presenting findings to senior management and external partners. Advanced SQL or SAS programming experience.
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, and other emerging analytical reporting software solutions.
Experience in creating visually compelling reports and dashboards from a wide array of metrics, experience with use of Python, SAS, R for health care analytics such as risk adjustment, utilization, predictive modelling, or similar a plus. Experience with healthcare data modeling tools (ACG, ETG).
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 2/15/2023