Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder (MH & SUDS) Department. You will c ollaborate with MH & SUDS leaders and staff to provide administrative functions and project support for the department.
• Provide administrative support for all teams within the MH & SUDS department. This may include, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, survey preparation and processing, calendar management, arranging and cleaning up conference rooms, finalizing agendas, and taking meeting minutes. Coordinate mailing projects and troubleshoot as needed both internally and externally.
• Assist with incoming departmental mail distribution. Verify departmental printers are free of PHI information at the end of each day in the office.
• Loading and updating of letters and materials within the clinical documentation system. Serve as a member of the SmartComm SuperUser team.
• Provide back up support for other admins. This may include generating reports used by the MSS department.
• Interpret and coordinate material updates received from internal and external stakeholders.
• Support MH & SUD projects through completion and ownership of administrative tasks related to the project and as directed by the Project Lead. Actively participate as a MH & SUDS project team member.
• Assist MH & SUDS leaders with writing, editing and publishing communication for the department.
• Understand applicable policies and procedures of the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services Department
• Complete new employee onboarding requests, supplies for new employee workstations, schedule system trainings.
• Management of department phone lines for various meetings.
• Support MH & SUDS Leaders on quality improvement projects, as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of 2-year secretarial program or college preferred.
Two years' administrative/clerical experience. Mastery level PC skills required. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Experience in health care or managed care setting preferred. Project management experience a plus. Experience in GuidingCare, Visio, and/or Project.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 2/16/2023