Ecumen Seasons at Apple ValleyOverview
Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley is hiring a Dining Room Manager. Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley consists of 106 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 28 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
- Full-Time; 80 hours/pay period
- Occasional Weekends
- Paid holidays off!
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Dining Room Manager is responsible for the front of the house as it relates to managing the dining experience, service of meals, menu planning and dining staff supervision.
Essential job responsibilities include:Manages meal service and resident/guest experience, ensuring quality meals are plated and served to residents, families, guests and employees.Assists Dining Leader or Chef Manager in creating menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using knowledge of nutrition and special diets, and input from residents.Hires, manages and trains staff ensuring a clean sanitary work and dining area, compliance with state and federal rules and regulations and that facility procedures and established practices are followed.Ensures a welcoming environment where all guests are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service. Proactively identifies issues and assists wherever needed to ensure exemplary service.Properly operates equipment in the dishroom area, and other equipment used by the dining assistants. Trains staff on proper use of equipment. Contacts vendors for service repairs as needed.Manages resident meal packages. May handle cash and payments for meals, reconcile cash drawers and prepare deposits per policy.Assists with the planning, set up and staffing of special events and catering opportunities.In the absence of the Dining Leader or Chef Manager, manages food preparation, monitors food and supply inventory levels and performs ordering.QualificationsDining Room ManagerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Paid Holidays Off
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Free heated underground parking
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- High School graduate or GED
- Certified Food Manager in accordance with Department of Health
- Food service management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Restaurant management experience
- Previous experience in food service management for seniors
- Previous experience in inventory control, menu planning, event planning
rec:mrp7495Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.