- Crescent Electric Supply Company
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Feb 28, 2023
- Mar 30, 2023
- Drivers / Transportation
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Monday - Friday ( no weekends )
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Starting pay - $25.50 - $27.50/hr
As a Lead Driver for Crescent Electric you will function as a working leader with responsibility for coordinating transportation activities for branches within an assigned geographic territory. In conjunction with the Area Dispatcher, you will balance daily work requirements and be the local point of contact to facilitate customer deliveries, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience.
- Serve as the local point of contact including communicating daily priorities and goals, assigning duties, and coordinating work efforts within the team.
- Drive company trucks making prompt on-schedule deliveries and pick-ups. Fill-in as necessary across all branches in designated area to cover for absences.
- Load and unload trucks in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Partner with leadership to coordinate, facilitate, and measure training related activities for drivers.
- Train new transportation team members on how to drive and operate vehicles in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Track and monitor performance including ride alongs to measure on-road quality, adherence to standards, and identify re-training and process improvement opportunities.
- Assist with building daily delivery routes for branch delivery vehicles utilizing company designated routing software and dispatching company vehicles.
- Perform routine truck inspections, schedule maintenance and repairs, and maintain records to ensure full DOT safety compliance.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3+ years of experience working in a driver and/or wholesale electrical parts distribution capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical certification.
- Apply strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.