Software Developer-Full Stack (remote or hybrid)
1 day left
- Data Recognition Corporation
- Maple Grove, MN
- Feb 28, 2023
- Mar 30, 2023
- Data Recognition Corporation
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Data Recognition Corporation
Full Stack Developer - Web Services / Integration focus
Company cannot provide sponsorship
Please, no agencies
DRC has over thirty years of proven experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (EdTech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We deliver modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress. As a company, we embrace a diversity of thought and encourage transparency, accountability, and collaboration to produce the best products and services for our customers.
DRC is continuing to grow and is seeking to add Full Stack Developers (Web Services/Integration emphasis) to our organization. As a Full Stack Developer, you will work with and across multiple development teams and departments, enterprise stakeholders, and customers and be responsible to help design, implement, and optimize strategic frameworks, web services and solutions that integrate front-to-back analytic reporting systems supporting mission-critical customer needs. You will closely collaborate with teammates to distill the Company’s and industry’s best practices and build, integrate, and deliver the Company’s key product offerings and advancements for the future.
An ideal candidate would be full stack savvy with hands-on experiences in web services integrating UI front-ends to data back-ends. This candidate would also have demonstrable understanding in middleware and integration best practices that maximize value on the basis of scale, performance, resiliency, reusability and cost.
- Build core web services with team that integrate DRC’s back-end data architectures with front-end UI architectures in alignment with DRC’s data strategy and enterprise architecture strategy
- Develop data-driven controls that maximize code-free setup and configurability in delivered solutions
- Implement, test, deploy, and maintain scalable code while considering durability, cost, reusability, and security
- Triage issues with team, providing timely analytic reporting systems that support a diverse internal and external client base
- Partner with key stakeholders and development teams to continually transition DRC into next generation data, middleware, and UI architectures
- Breakdown complex business and technical requirements into supportable and easy-to-use solutions
- Ability to communicate requirements and details to non-technical users
- Comfortable with collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment
- Front-to-Back end development emphasizing web services as middleware, integrating technologies across key subject areas including one or more of: Database Management, Web Applications, Containers, Microservices, Serverless, Hybrid Computing (On-Prem and Cloud)
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C#/.NET, VB.NET, R
- Experience designing web services/microservices/SOAP/REST interfaces
- Strong understanding of data-driven programming
- Working knowledge of SQL, data engineering and coding for various database technologies (e.g., MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, etc.) and methodologies (e.g., Relational, Star Schema, NoSQL/XML/JSON, etc.)
- Shell scripting, e.g., Unix Bash, Microsoft PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to review and understand business requirements
- Ability to review and create detailed technical documentation
- 2+ years of related experience.
Preferred Experience (nice to have, not required):
- Experience scripting for API integration testing with Postman, JMeter, Selenium, or similar
- Experience with Open Source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Any experience working with cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (and/or desire to learn more about cloud tech)
- Working knowledge of IAM including one or more of: PKI, Cert Mgmt, SSL, SSO, OAuth, SAML, AuthN, AuthZ, Role-based access, and RLS (Row-Level Security)
- Familiarity with BI platforms, e.g., ThoughtSpot, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Working with and interpreting different database models
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban/Continuous Delivery
- Understanding of test-driven development and CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Proficient in creating business process and data flow diagrams using tools such as MS Visio and LucidCharts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Atlassian, Google suite, and applicable data analytics tools.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
Reporting to this position: N/A
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.