Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
PROVIDER RELATIONS LIAISON - ELDERLY WAIVER
Work Location: Office for Your Day
This position is responsible to build and maintain positive working relationships, provide UCare operational guidance, along with developing and delivering education to participating UCare providers- with a special focus on Elderly Waiver Services. Serve as a liaison and operational subject matter expert between providers and internal departments within UCare. This position requires reliable transportation to travel up to 50% throughout Minnesota.
• Foster relationships and maintain effective communication with Elderly Waiver or assigned providers regarding critical business information needed to support UCare membership. Routinely interact with office administrators, clinical and billing staff in person, virtually, phone and email
• Develop and maintain applicable education materials to support Elderly Waiver or assigned providers on UCare specific operations by partnering with internal subject matter experts
• Provide training and education to Elderly Waiver or assigned providers on UCare specific operations and assist providers experiencing difficulties in working with UCare.
• Serve as liaison and subject matter expert for Elderly Waiver or assigned providers. Share insights, barriers and/or trends with internal UCare staff and leadership related to UCare operations. Make recommendations as appropriate.
• Document, track, and report work activities in UCare's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Coordinate timely resolution and escalate concerns or complex issues to appropriate internal departments as needed.
• Develop and maintain a general understanding of UCare operational systems that have a downstream impact to providers.
• Collaborate with UCare departments to support their educational and messaging needs to UCare's provider network. i.e., care coordination, utilization management, quality initiatives, health promotions, NCQA, claim processing and complete provider facility/environmental site surveys for Credentialing, member complaints regarding clinic sites, and new primary care clinics.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health care or business management or related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years of experience in a health care delivery setting. Examples include clinic setting, business office, health insurance, HMO, Managed Care or community service agency.
Provider Relations experience. Education and training experience. Experience in working with Atypical Providers (i.e. Elderly Waiver, Home & Community Based Providers, Housing Stabilization Services)
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 3/1/2023