Description: About us
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. As a senior member of our product research team, you'll bring that purpose to life across Target.com, Target apps, internal tools, and more through the design of new retail experiences and the evolution of existing ones.
The UX Research Team is responsible for building empathy for the Target Guest and Target Team Member throughout the product development lifecycle for Target's digital products, inclusive of web experience, app experience, internal tools, and in-store digital tools. The UX product researcher is a key partner to several functions in the digital group including product owners, UX product designers, engineers, data scientists, content designers, accessibility consultants, and site merchandisers.About the job
Research projects span from lean usability validation (as needed by the product teams) to strategic future-thinking discovery projects (driven by researchers' insights) to enable constant experience optimization and inform strategic business priorities. Using both qualitative and quantitative methods, the researcher will translate research insights into powerful stories that not only help shape product design and development but also influence the world of modern retail.As a Lead UX Product Researcher:
Serve as a research expert within product teams throughout the research project life cycle - recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis
Act as a partner and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects - including, but not limited to: in person moderated testing, remote moderated & unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shopalongs
Plan, lead, and socialize high-profile research projects to drive key strategic decisions across Target's digital business
Collaborate with cross-functional product teams, to understand and support the strategic direction of the digital teams' businesses through research and discovery
Ensure relevance and quality of insights through thoughtful assessment of risk, establishment of clear success criteria, and the use of methodology based on sound research principles and practices
Bring empathy and guest insights to every business problem, identifying the problem from the user's point of view, developing generating insights, and highlighting opportunity areas.
Partner with and mentor other UX product researchers on research methods, execution, and project management, as part of a thoughtful, high-performing UX product research team and identify and lead initiatives to strengthen our impact.
Uphold our research ethics and actively find ways to strengthen & scale our processes.About you
- 4-year degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience practicing UX design research for digital product teams
- Genuine curiosity about people and experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Strong ability to tell compelling stories from data
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills - experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle
- Comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels and thinking strategically about their application
- Ability to use company strategy as a guidepost to execute on research projects to support that strategy
- Experience in Quantitative UX Research methods, including survey creation and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility user testing using assistive technologies
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$109,000.00 USD - $196,200.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.