Sr. Full Stack Developer (App/UI-remote or hybrid)
- Data Recognition Corporation
- Maple Grove, MN
- Mar 08, 2023
- Apr 07, 2023
- Data Recognition Corporation
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Data Recognition Corporation
Sr Full Stack Developer (Applications/UI emphasis)
Company cannot provide sponsorship
Please, no agencies
DRC has over thirty years of experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (EdTech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We deliver modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress. As a company, we embrace a diversity of thought and encourage transparency, accountability, and collaboration to produce the best products and services for our customers.
DRC is continuing to grow and is seeking to add Full Stack Developers (Applications/UI emphasis) to our organization. As a Full Stack Developer, you will work with and across multiple development teams and departments, enterprise stakeholders, and customers and be responsible for helping design, implement, and optimize strategic frameworks and solutions spanning UI, reporting visualizations, and data management that fulfill mission-critical customer needs. You will closely collaborate with teammates to distill the Company’s and industry’s best practices and build, integrate, and deliver the Company’s next generational UI and key product advancements for the future.
An ideal candidate would be database savvy and have hands-on experience with user interface design and applications. This candidate would also have a proven background utilizing best practices in front-end architectures, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Develop features and software solutions that enhance the overall user experience of our reporting platform and tools
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain innovative and scalable software solutions while considering durability, cost, reusability, and security
- Partner with the UI/UX design team on the overall look and feel of the application, how it operates, and will be implemented
- Breakdown complex business and technical requirements into supportable and easy-to-use solutions
- Provide guidance as needed on web standards, usability, accessibility, and optimization, with special consideration given to code architecture, modularity, and reusability
- Ability to communicate requirements and details to non-technical users
- Comfortable with collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment
- Front-to-back end development emphasizing UI to middleware, while comfortable working with databases
- Design/solutioning experiences integrating technologies across key subject areas, including UI Web Applications, Database Management, Web Services, Microservices, Serverless, and Hybrid Computing (On-Prem and Cloud)
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Python, Java, C#/.NET, VB.NET, R
- SQL, data engineering and coding for various database technologies (e.g., MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, etc.) and methodologies (e.g., Relational, Star Schema, NoSQL/XML/JSON, etc.)
- Working with and interpreting different database models
- Experience designing web services/microservices/REST interfaces
- Shell scripting, e.g., Unix Bash, Microsoft PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to review and understand business requirements
- Ability to review and create detailed technical documentation
- 5+ years of related experience.
Preferred Experience (nice to have, not required):
- Data-driven or setup/configuration-driven UI development
- Any experience working with cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (and/or desire to learn more about cloud tech)
- Familiarity with BI platforms, e.g., ThoughtSpot, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban/Continuous Delivery
- Understanding of test-driven development and CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Experience with Open Source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Experience scripting for API integration testing, e.g., with Postman, JMeter, Selenium
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Proficient in creating business process and data flow diagrams using tools such as MS Visio and LucidCharts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Atlassian, Google suite, and applicable data analytics tools.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
Reporting to this position: N/A