Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact-rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis
means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Sr Manager FP&A, MFA Planning & Ops
supporting the Pricing and Promotions Center of Excellence (PPCOE), you will:
- Develop and coordinate financial routines (LRP, Plan, PQF, IQF) for clearance and promotional markdowns in partnership with the PPCOE.
- Manage progress and governance against financial goals and strategic actions taken including key event recapping, weekly actions meeting updates, and other weekly reporting.
- Coordinate in-season performance management routines and tools. Collaborate with PPCOE, Loyalty, and CFO teams to aggregate in-season reviews, decisions, and actions.
- Support business case development for long-range PPCOE building blocks to support enterprise aspirations.
- Combine analytical and storytelling skills to influence PPCOE leadership forums including enterprise key initiatives (e.g. affordability)
- 5+ years finance and business experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, negotiate consequences, handle crisis, setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provide essential information to the right people at the right time; relationship-building aptitude
- Credible thought leader with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical, decision making, project management, planning and organizational skills.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.