Ecumen Centennial House is hiring a Life Enrichment Assistant. Ecumen Centennial House consists of 44 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 35 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services, and is located in Apple Valley, Minnesota.
- Full-Time; 40 hours/week
- Position may work occasional weekends
- Paid holidays off!
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for delivering Life Enrichment programming designed to meet and honor the physical, social, spiritual, sensory and psychological needs of all residents based on an assessment of their individual needs and interests. Advocates and promotes resident participation and choice.Additional Information:
Essential job responsibilities include:Assists with individual and group activities, transport residents, notifies, encourages and assures resident participation in appropriate recreational activities according to their individual needs and plan of care, and documents resident participation as appropriate.Empowers residents to develop interpersonal relationships, socialize effectively and develop confidence to participate in individual and group activity programming.Ensures residents arrive at scheduled activities, outings and appointments in a timely manner. Transporting residents as needed.Maintains supplies in an orderly manner, notifies supervisor of supply needs in a timely manner.Monitors daily and monthly calendars of events, outings and other recreational opportunities for residents.Assists and supports all workers and positions in the building; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.QualificationsLife Enrichment AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Paid Holidays Off
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience caring for seniors
- Activity Assistant Certified, ADC, CTRC
rec:mrp7056Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.