Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
A role in Global Trade Services means you will play a key role in supporting Target's high degree of compliance with US Customs laws and regulations, maintaining the speed of our best-in-class import supply chain while ensuring that Target avoids fines and penalties for non-compliance with import regulations. You will also provide training and guidance to internal and external partners on Target import practices and Customs requirements and provide consultation to internal and external partners aimed at supporting Global Supply Chain and Logistics goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Enable U.S. Customs Entry Filing for Target Customs Brokers Inc.
1. Use reporting tools to monitor U.S. Customs entries, and as needed, provide coaching to Customs Entry Specialists to clear shipments in a timely and compliant manner.
2. Provide support, training, and Brokerage subject matter expertise to solve problems.
3. Use various inputs to forecast entry volume, make recommendations to maximize team productivity and manage volume allocation between internal and external brokers. Execute volume redistribution to external brokers when needed. 4.Review and approve U.S. Customs duty statements for accurate and timely payment.
5. Facilitate updates to training materials, Standard Operating Procedures, and other team resources.
6. Participate in trade education and development through in-house training, third-party seminars, and partnership with external brokers.
7. Identify process improvements to ensure GTB filing efficiency.
8. Complete special projects as assigned, including representing internal and externals brokers in cross-functional teamwork
9. File U.S. Customs entries as needed by the business.Reporting/Working RelationshipsWorking Relationships
: This position reports to the Sr Manager of Global Trade Brokerage and works closely with Global Trade Services (GTS) teams, Merchandising, Target Legal Department, External Customs Brokers (Expeditors and Maersk), and Target VendorsMinimum Requirements
- Prior Customs Brokerage or relevant trade experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work effectively and pivot between tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines effectively.
- Works well with ambiguity.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with partners and exhibit a high level of client focus.
- Decision Making Autonomy:
- Perform work with little to no direction and independently sets daily tasks and prioritization.
- Operate independently in cross functional and project work.
- Influence and Guidance:
- Influence and proactively engage with internal partners.
- Provide support and direction to internal and external partners to help educate and increase accountability.
- Build justifiable arguments by analyzing multiple data points.
- Provide feedback to peers and teammates to improve business outcomes
- Scope of Impact:
- Execute work that has financial, compliance risk and supply chain impact.
- Execute work that has impact to cross-functional groups and department.
- Comprehensive research, understanding, and application of regulations and regulatory changes.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs and other government agencies
- Prior Merchandising and/or Supply Chain experience
- US Customs Brokers License
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$23.99 USD - $43.17 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.