Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
BUSINESS ANALYST - PAYMENT POLICY (TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT)
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for your Day
This position is responsible to serve as the UCare expert on provider reimbursement methodology and payment policies. Lead UCare's effort to closely monitor policies of state and federal regulatory agencies and to identify reimbursement trends, analyze business impact, and develop, maintain, and clarify policies and procedures.
• Monitor and influence state and federal regulatory agencies which include, but are not limited to, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Minnesota Department of Commerce (DOC), the Minnesota Department of Health Services (DHS), the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance in Wisconsin (OCI) and federal agencies such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) policies, coding, coverage and payment changes that may impact UCares' payment policies.
• Gather, translate, inform and collaborate with cross-functional teams on regulatory, contractual, pricing, payment methodology, policy and healthcare reform changes.
• Participate in Payment Policy Subcommittee and facilitate Payment policy Workgroup, in close cooperation with cross-functional teams in the development of new and revised policies.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for cross-functional teams on matters related to provider payment policy.
• Develop and implement plans for new and current policy development.
• Collaboratively determine provider, member, organizational and provider payment impact analysis on proposed reimbursement methodology.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
BS/BA with an emphasis in finance/accounting, business or related field required.
Five or more years of experience in a health plan, regulatory agency, government program.
Experience with Medicare and Medicaid payment methodology and three years of coding experience in a healthcare delivery setting, health insurance (payer) setting or Medicare and/or Medicaid setting.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 03/17/2023