Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Join a world-class Product Design, Content Design, UX Research and Accessibility team responsible for the human-centered design of our digital experiences (apps, website and team member tools). We envision and create inspiring, impactful and well-crafted solutions that serve our guests, team members and business. Our promise is to serve all families through our digital experiences, inclusive of Black, Indigenous, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary, and low-income guests. About The Job:
As a Principal Product Designer on the Guest UX team, you will be at the forefront of Target's emerging digital experience, fueling innovation for the guest experience and growth for the business. You will lead experience strategy, design and innovation for Target's experiences across Target.com, iOS, Android, and in-store tools. You'll lead the way with design thinking to bring innovative ideas and designs to the guest shopping experience while championing the experimentation practices of our product, engineering and business teams to guide iteration.
You are an expert in user experience for ecommerce retail and lead the way in innovative solutions as part of an end-to-end customer journey across digital and physical touchpoints. You will lead and create the vision and product strategy for digital experiences. You'll use your business savvy and influence to build partnerships with product, engineering, business and UX partners - through continuous engagement you will instill collaboration and drive user-centric outcomes for your product portfolio.
You have expert visual design, information architecture, and interaction design skills and approach problems with a systems-thinking lens - working within and advancing an enterprise design system. You will lead the end-to-end design process from generative discovery and research through to iterative design solutions, leading other designers through the entire process from concept to completion.
You'll coordinate and leverage guest insights and research to power personalized, relevant, and joyful guest experiences. You'll blend these tools into dynamic prototypes to inspire change, build buy-in from stakeholders, and drive step-level change across the enterprise with your vision while bringing consistent and thoughtful end-to-end guidance to our guests, helping them find joy, belonging, and success in their Target shopping experience.
In this role, you will take the lead on setting the vision and strategy for Target's Loyalty program across all digital touchpoints - Target.com, iOS, Android, and in-store touchpoints such as point-of-sale and self-checkout. You are an expert in user experience at the intersection of ecommerce retail and loyalty programs.
As a leading member of the product design team, you will support the development of junior product designers and contribute to advancing the skillset of the broader product design and UX organization. You will mentor junior product designers as part of your core working team as well through coaching on the design process, visual design, problem-solving, and collaborating with key partners. In partnership with your design manager, you will identify and collaborate on specific areas of development for junior designers.
We are a passionate, supportive and increasingly diverse UX team focused on elevating both the guest experience and the enterprise tools that bolster Target's rapidly growing digital business. You'll be in the driver's seat of your career growth at Target with strong support for work-life balance. We will advocate for you along the way with robust onboarding and personal and career development to help you grow. The Principal Product Designer will:
- Set UX strategy and vision for the Loyalty experience across digital platforms - influencing investment, collaborations, and the balance of new vs. Iteration
- Create design deliverables representative of the design process phase - such as journey maps, wireframes, user flows, UI design and prototypes
- Guide design process and mentor junior designers
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Use your influence to identify and pursue user-centric outcomes within and across products
- Effectively facilitate multiple cross functional working teams and senior-level stakeholders
- Engage, learn, challenge, and evolve complex systems of design and people
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
- Expert proficiency in design and prototyping tools (We use Figma)
- Navigate complexity and make sense of ambiguity
- You're an experienced product designer with 10+ years of relevant product design work
- You thrive at the intersection of design strategy and craft
- Expert skills in visual design, information architecture, interaction design, experience strategy, structuring and planning work, and owning the design process
- Expert strategic problem-solving, systems thinking, and collaboration skills
- You lean into complex problems, challenge the status quo, and seek to understand the 'why' behind human behavior and their hesitations to change
- Proven ability to effectively use data and insights to set your direction
- Leveraging quantitative and qualitative data, you practice design thinking and present work clearly and effectively to influence senior executives
- You value outcomes and strive toward design that is welcoming, inspiring, and clear
- You embrace collaboration as a tool to build alignment around user-centered design decisions
- You balance the need for near-term solutions and long-term vision
- You are an expert in communicating how design connects to, serves, and improves the business
- Exhibit a growth mindset
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet.
The application process will include a series of interviews as well as a portfolio review of specific work samples and case studies that show the design process and different stages of work. Please include your portfolio with your application.
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$141,600.00 USD - $254,900.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.