- FirstService Residential
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 23, 2023
- Management, Real Estate
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Full Job Description
As the leading residential property management company in North America, we work hard to help communities thrive. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. For more than four decades, communities have counted on FirstService Residential for their Minnesota property management needs. We’ve got the Twin Cities covered, from Plymouth and Shakopee to Woodbury and downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Job Responsibilities The Maintenance Manager, under the direction and supervision of the Office Manager/Association Manager will provide direct support in maintaining the building. This position will assist the manager in dealing with internal and external customers and third-party vendors to identify potential concerns, proactively address maintenance and equipment problems while providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
· Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential values: Be Genuinely Helpful, Aim High, Do
What’s Right, Own It, Improve It, and Build Great Relationships.
· Must maintain regular and punctual attendance to required shifts, meetings, trainings, and related employment engagements to support position responsibilities and duties. Any alterations to required schedule must be reviewed and approved, in advance by your supervisor.
· Monitor safety, mechanical and electrical equipment
· Work in conjunction with building associates and third-party vendor to optimize operations and energy efficiency; monitor problems remotely
· After-hours on call responsibility to respond to emergency needs on every other week basis via phone or in-person
· Communicate with third-party vendors on repairs and contracted services for common areas and building mechanical equipment
· Assist and support the Office Manager/Association Manager in competitive bidding for mechanical contracts and large projects
· Effectively communicate concerns and recommended solutions
· Submit purchase orders for supplies to the Office Manager/Association Manager for approval.
· Snow removal, as needed
· Assist Office Manager/Association Manager with emergency procedures, including but not limited to, key safety control, water shut-off, and any other emergency procedures
· Maintain a routine log of preventative maintenance including, but not limited to, systems, boilers, doors, stairwells, lights, heating and cooling, HVAC, and other in-unit work performed
· Perform general repairs and maintenance services in units only if directed by the Office Manager/Association Manager
· Maintain pool, including testing, cleaning, and maintenance of equipment
· Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual preventive maintenance of building as assigned by the Office or Association Manager
· Document maintenance concerns that may lead to building maintenance trends.
· Communicate with associates, subcontractors, and clients
· Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
· Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Office Manager/Association Manager.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
· Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional, and ethical conduct
· Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies
· Actively participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines
· Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work
· Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management
· Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
· Applicable Maintenance work experience and background.
· Hands on Maintenance experience
· Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification
· Special Boiler License
· Excel, Outlook, and Word experience
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
Work requires working knowledge of the common terminology, methods, practices, tools, and procedures related to building and facilities services, maintenance, and repair and/or a base knowledge of a building/construction or mechanical trade.
· Mechanical aptitude
· Excellent people and communication skills with knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Ability to perform quality work without direct supervision.
· Ability to interact professionally with residents and contractors.
· Organized self-starter with ability to work independently
· Problem solving
· Time management
· Teamwork-focused, to motivate members of the team, delegate tasks to peers
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Consistent professional demeanor, able to handle varying personalities
· Teamwork focused and able to take direction
Tools & Equipment Used
· Construction and Maintenance tools and equipment, as needed
· Computer, keyboard, mouse, phone, fax, and other office equipment, as needed
· Valid driver license.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Ability to lift to 30 lbs. following appropriate safely procedures.
· Being able to work in various positions, including but not limited to bending over, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
· Walking the property. Ability to navigate the property quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions.
· Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands, and fingers. Reaching with hands and arms.
· Walk and climb stairs
· Ability to work in different environmental conditions (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
· Ability to climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (10 feet)
· Sitting at a desk
· Use of keyboard, computer, and applicable software and equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Travel is local and only necessary for supplies and trainings or meetings in the Twin Cities Metro area.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $68,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location