Ecumen Hospice Twin CitiesOverview
Hospice Registered Nurse, RN - $3,000 Sign-on Bonus - Full Time 1.0 FTE NOC - No Weekends! Covers after hour/on-call during the week - helps with visits/admissions. We offer excellent benefits, paid Holidays, great pay and an amazing team environment!
Ecumen Hospice is hiring a Registered Nurse. Ecumen Hospice honors life through care and serves individuals in the Twin Cities - Metro Area. he Ecumen Hospice mission is to provide care that exceeds the expectations of those that find themselves in the later stages of life by providing a level of comfort and quality of life that makes each person feel honored and supported as their life continues to have significance. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesHospice Registered Nurse, RN The Hospice Registered Nurse (RN)-Hospice is responsible for the delivery of patient care including; triaging patient needs over the phone, making visits to patients with changing conditions, and performing admissions as necessary. Essential job responsibilities include:Receives and responds to phone calls during assigned shifts as well as making visits to patients with changing conditions, and completing weekend admissions.Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician's plan of care.Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.QualificationsRegistered Nurse (RN)-HospiceMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs.
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- One to two years of nursing experience in post-acute care
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree
- One to two years of recent nursing experience in Medicare Hospice
- Proven leadership abilities
rec:mrp7098Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our residents, patients and staff is one of our highest priorities at Ecumen. To ensure we are complying with CMS guidelines, this position requires candidates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit for an exemption request prior to starting employment.
We participate in E-Verify.