Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.Web Platform Team (Target.com):
The Web Platform team empowers front-end teams (the consumers) to deliver high quality performant experiences quickly and efficiently for our guests. The core responsibilities of the team reside in:
- building out platform capabilities
- scaling and maintaining the platform architecture
- providing a sound developer experience through tooling and workflow pipelines (CI/CD)
- supporting consumer teams
Within the platform capabilities, Web Platform seeks to improve front-end performance, developer experience, code quality, and metrics & tracking. We achieve this through a Web Foundations product that shares core infrastructure, tooling, SDKs, and configuration between multi-tenant sites for Target.com. Members of the Web Platform team work in an agile team environment involving collaboration with front-end teams while taking a forward-thinking approach towards emerging technologies and potential use.Senior Engineer Role:
As a Senior Engineer on Web Platform, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing architectural capabilities for product team engineers as well as develop tooling for implementation of these capabilities. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.About You:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on guest-facing features that impact the bottom line of Target.com.
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember.
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha).
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with React, Next.js and Node.js
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$83,800.00 USD - $150,800.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.