Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
IT BUSINESS ANALYST
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
This position is responsible for understanding stakeholder needs and the business issues to be addressed. Collaborate with the business and technical stakeholders to define needs and ensure understanding. Responsible for the discovery, analysis and documentation of business requirements. Decompose business requirements to create functional specifications for development. Collaborate with project, IT, and business management to ensure business objectives are achieved. Possess strong technical acumen with the ability to translate information and research into non-technical language as necessary to effectively communicate across teams and stakeholders. You are a member of a team where you will participate in a variety of roles. These roles will be determined based on work initiatives and IT leader direction.
• Interact with Project Sponsors, Owners, Team Members, Vendors and Subject Matter Experts to understand the business problem that needs to be solved. Gather, document, and confirm business requirements. Contribute to the team accomplishments by completing assigned tasks.
• Analyze and decompose complex business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements. Fulfill the role of subject matter expert in functional requirement elicitation. Create informative, actionable, and repeatable requirements that are relevant.
• Create User Stories and develop Acceptance Criteria when using Agile methodology.
• Coordinate Requirements and User Stories with the QA Analyst.
• Initiate and facilitate communication and meetings with business and IT stakeholders.
• Develop use cases as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams. Document current & future state assessments. Perform gap analysis and any other documentation that will assist in the understanding of the business need. Make use of workflows, charts and diagrams to more fully describe business issues.
• Oversee the development of the solutions to the identified problems.
• Use and promote defined UCare Business Analysts standards, documentation, software tools, and best practices to achieve business needs.
• Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for assigned UCare projects when needed. Assist business users with UAT documentation deliverables (UAT Test Plan, UAT Test Results, and UAT Defect Log).
• Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports. Prepare user documentation when needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Business or related discipline preferred; demonstrated work experience may be considered in lieu of specific major.
Four years of relevant work experience as an IT Business Analyst/ Business Systems Analyst or Functional Analyst. Knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle. A demonstrable track record of successful requirements documentation. Experience in performing simple SQL queries in either MS SQL or Oracle. Experience with Health Services domain including Appeals and Grievances, Utilization Management, Care Management and Pharmacy Benefit Management.
Experience in health care or managed care. Experience with Project Lifecycles.
Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Experience working with EDI transactions especially 837. Medium or better level of experience with SQL.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 3/29/2023