Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
STATE GOVERNMENT RELATIONS SPECIALIST - KANSAS
Work Location: Work from Home
As the State Government Relations Specialist - Kansas, you will be responsible to oversee the resolution of projects related to state regulator requests including provider or enrollee concerns, requests for information, ad hoc and routine reporting, and other inquiries. You will serve as a liaison between regulators and internal departments, serve as the subject matter expert on Kansas Medicaid (KanCare). Receive, monitor, analyze, distribute Medicaid guidance to appropriate internal departments; and maintain documentation of compliance with that guidance. The State Government Relations Specialist - Kansas will need to work and reside in Kansas.
• Receive, monitor, analyze, distribute, follow-up and archive Kansas state regulatory and sub-regulatory guidance, and other information. Monitor distributed guidance and sub-regulatory guidance to completion and maintain documentation of completion.
• Support expansion efforts into Kansas, including acting as the KanCare subject matter expert and assisting in the creation and maintenance of relationships with state regulators.
• As part of the State Government Relations Team, ensure federal Medicaid guidance is understood and implemented.
• Coordinate routine (e.g., contractually required) and ad hoc reporting required by Kansas regulators. Inform impacted departments of reporting requirements and changes in requirements. Monitor reporting.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with state regulators and internal business partners.
• Receive and coordinate responses to regulator concerns. Work with impacted departments. Monitor and guide business areas' activities to timely issue resolution. Communicate with regulator until regulator's concerns and/or inquiries are resolved.
• Document regulatory guidance and incidents in UCare's repositories.
• Support the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) contract negotiation process. With impacted departments, track, communicate and gather feedback on potential changes to KDHE contract language. Ensure final changes in contracts are communicated timely to internal staff; monitor for completion of actionable items.
• In partnership with the Public Affairs Department, track legislative changes that impact, or may impact, KDHE contracts with MCOs.
• Represent UCare and/or the Government Relations Department on internal and external work groups as assigned. This includes attending meetings in-person, as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred; demonstrated experience in the Kansas health care industry may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years' experience in a health-care related setting (e.g., managed care organization, other health insurance organization, regulatory agency, health care supplier/provider, etc.). Experience in Kansas Medicaid managed care, health insurance, and/or health care operations. Experience reviewing, analyzing, and communicating regulatory guidance. Analytic skills and experience reviewing federal/state regulatory requirements.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 2/16/2023