Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MEDICARE SALES SPECIALIST - SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA - MANKATO/NEW ULM/WILLMAR/ST. JAMES/HUTCHINSON/REDWOOD FALLS/GRANITE FALLS
Work Location: Work from Home
As the Medicare Sales Specialist - Southwest Minnesota you will be responsible to attain sales goals by enrolling new members into UCare Medicare and other UCare products via the telephone, face-to-face meetings, and at large group meetings within Southwest Minnesota assigned territory counties. You will assist in maintaining relationships with key community-based organizations. Build overall awareness of UCare by facilitating UCare's involvement (sponsoring/participating) in Community Relations activities throughout assigned territory.
• Qualify leads, generate interest, and inform prospective members about UCare Medicare and other UCare plans in a consultative selling style in an effort to enroll individuals in the plans.
• Support inbound UCare Medicare and other UCare plans inbound sales call center.
• Meet/exceed established sales call quotas, timeline for follow-up to inquiries, and other department goals/expectations.
• Schedule and conduct sales presentations to prospective members via the telephone, webinars, face-to-face meetings, and at large group meetings in Southwest MN that includes Blue Earth, Brown, Sibley, Nicollet, Watonwan, Chippewa, Renville, Stearns, Meeker, Kandiyohi, Mcleod, Redwood, Renville, Cottonwood, Jackson, Nobles, Murray, Pipestone, Lyon, Lincoln, Martin, Yellow Medicine, Lac Qui Parle, Big Stone, Rock, Swift MN counties.
• Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace and collaborate with the Sales Manager to determine a plan of implementation and follow-up activities.
• Participate in sales strategy meetings and share information regarding successful strategies with the other members of the sales team.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of reports on sales activities.
• Serve as the contact person for assigned community-based organizations. This will include serving as a resource for questions/concerns; providing product presentations; representing UCare on planning committees; and actively seeking new opportunities/collaborative partnerships with these organizations.
• Serve as the contact person for assigned UCare providers. This will include serving as a resource/liaison for questions/concerns; providing product presentations; representing UCare on planning committees; and actively seeking new opportunities/collaborative partnerships with UCare providers.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout designated counties in Minnesota.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or health care related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Minnesota and Wisconsin Life and Health Insurance license required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
At least two years of direct sales or telemarketing experience required.
Experience/understanding of Medicare preferred. Experience in a health care/managed care preferred. Experience working with Medicare population preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 04/07/2023