Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER INTERN - UNPAID
Work Location: Work from home
This internship is responsible to provide member outreach to identified members in an effort to improve HEDIS rates, withhold and Star measures. This position will support efforts to provide education to members and assist with setting up medical appointments, transportation, and related services in effort to close gaps in care. The position will also provide general education to members about preventive health plan benefits available to them and support efforts to meet NCQA, CMS and DHS guidelines.
• Provide outbound telephonic engagement calls to members who meet criteria for HEDIS, withhold and Star measures.
• Document, schedule medical appointments and necessary services for members in obtaining preventive care and services.
• Enter members who wish to opt-out of further calls/mailings, etc into the 'Opt-Out' list.
• Engage in member facing interventions (e.g. member materials, IVR calls/scripts, newsletter articles, etc.).
• Send member mailings regarding incentives and/or appointment reminders in the mail.
• Provide feedback on best practices regarding written and verbal engagement with members.
• Complete productivity tracking document as directed.
• Collaborate with teams to document, schedule and identify project timelines, milestones, resource allocation and problem-solving strategies.
• Collaborate to develop and implement strategies to improve HEDIS rates and CMS Star ratings.
• Collaborate with members and/or family members, primary care physicians, clinic staff, providers, and other relevant agencies to assure appropriateness of services that meet member needs and ensures desired outcomes.
• Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Current college student. Community Health Worker Certificate.
Customer service or sales and marketing experience in a call center, health insurance, physician group practice, or community agency. Proficient PC skills and Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets).
Knowledge of and experience in telephonic outreach coordination. Excellent computer word processing and database experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 04/24/2023