Description: Team Lead Target Printing Services - Digital
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Fueling the continued success of one of the world's most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role with Target Printing Services
means that you'll be part of a team that leads Target's Value communication strategy and brings holistic promotional and value stories to life for Target's guests.
As a Team Leader - Digital
, you'll own the planning, execution, and meeting quality expectations for work within your work center. You will also be in charge of leading a talented and engaged team of 8 or more. Other expectations include:
- Ensuring maximum productivity of all team members, equipment, and processes through adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Having a strong focus on team member development by providing training opportunities and effective coaching, counseling and appropriately documenting.
- Sharing daily goals during a kickoff meeting with team and reporting production to leadership team in an end of shift report.
- Taking appropriate partners and considering all pertinent information including team member input and feedback to drive improvements in the department.
- Making team morale a top priority through actions and words.
- Leading initiatives to drive continuous improvement of quality and performance in the department.
- Leading the development and implementation of safety and preventative maintenance programs.
- Working with Manager to develop the strategic direction of the area.
- Supporting corporate sustainability initiatives through Target Forward.
- Partnering with stakeholders to ensure on time delivery, resolve issues, improve process efficiencies, and support/develop future strategies
- Owning vendor relationships to ensure all equipment is operational, including ordering of parts and consumables.
- Driving Target Store's success by improving store workload and promotional sales, as well as supporting supply chain initiatives.
- Leading a team in charge of producing promotional signing, important materials, communication, and payroll to all stores and distribution centers.
- Partnering with Variable Data Specialist to ensure on time and accurate file delivery.
- Working side by side with Scheduling and Planning Teams to help develop production capacity for scheduled and future work.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 + years of leading in a printing or equivalent environment.
- Preferred experience with Digital equipment - Hp Indigo, Xerox Igen, Cannon Titans, HP R2000, HP T250 or equivalent
- Quality conscious.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including conflict resolution.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- Refined communication and Team Member relationships skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, E-mail, Publisher and Excel) spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.