- BWBR Architects
- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Apr 27, 2023
- May 27, 2023
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Posting Date: March 2023
If you are looking for an opportunity to bring your payroll background to a creative company that offers a dynamic and healthy work environment, this is the role for you. BWBR is an award-winning design solutions firm providing architectural, interior design, and planning services. We’re a firm of mission-driven individuals who enjoy working on complex projects for organizations in the health care, higher education, science and technology, behavioral health, recreation, and workplace markets. One of the largest and oldest firms in the Midwest, we have approximately 200 employees with headquarters in Saint Paul, Minn. and additional offices in Madison, Wis. and Omaha, Neb.
BWBR is seeking a payroll specialist to join our Firm. This role will require some in-office work during the workweek, but is very flexible.
This role works closely with our finance team and human resource team members. If you are a team player with a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail, you would make a great addition to BWBR.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Process bi-weekly transfer of payroll using ADP
- Compiles and inputs payroll data including taxes, bonuses, deductions, and time and attendance within Deltek Vantagepoint
- Set up, calculate and maintain employee wage garnishments as necessary
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Audits HR interface for accuracy within payroll records
- Collaborates with HR and other departments to ensure accuracy of payroll data
- Files payroll records into HR database
- Run bi-weekly, quarterly, and yearly reports as needed
- Assist with year-end processes and reporting needs
- Handle all payroll questions from past or current employees
- Stay up-to-date with changing legislation relating to all aspects of payroll
Ideal candidates will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certificate
- Superior detail orientation: values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve discrepancies and errors
- Strong working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Demonstrates proactive work ethic and digs deep into current and future projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience processing payroll
BWBR believes a healthy work culture is a culture that promotes equity, health, and wellness beyond your work. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide organized and spontaneous opportunities for social and work events. We offer a comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan. Our vibrant, professional office setting in the Infor Commons Building in downtown Saint Paul, is conveniently served by multiple bus routes and various parking options.